electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
12vDC Fan to cool the power supply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: 12vDC Fan to cool the power supply? Reply with quote

Hi guys i also have a KV36HS500 and i have no fault yet,cross your fingers; since many of you guys that are having faults in the power supply with the MZ3001 IC's, i've read in a forum that i can't post there,so i can't ask questions,it's about installing a small computer fan 12vDC over the D board so it can cool it, so it will last longer without a fault due to over heating of the ic's and power supply.i have here a 12v o.25A fan, is there a 12v connection in the D Board that where this fan can be connected to? or just have an outside small transformer with a switch that manual can be turned on just my thought, would this be a good practise that will benefit the the cooling power supply and on the long run the TV? any technical suggestions? Thanks in advance.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CN9100 pin 1 +12vdc.
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minnie, this fan that i found is a brushless DC 12V =0.25A it has a small circuit with 4 diodes rectifier and a 2200uf 25V filter cap,this fan was used in a small psychedelic light system it had 2 small red lights,and hed this fan underneath it, should i take the litle rectifier circuit bord out and use only the Fan itself?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull it out and use a 9vdc battery to make sure it works.
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Pull it out and use a 9vdc battery to make sure it works.

Thanks Minnie, i already took out the small board and connected a 12vDC small power supply and it works fine as well.Minnie i was thinking of opening a hole on the back cover just behind the flyback and just put it there pumping cool air inside just like a computer power supply,i'm also thinking instead of opening the back to connect to pin1 of CN9100 for the 12vdc suplly which one don't know if that will over load the output of CN9001,so i'm thinking of using an external 12v 250milliamps power supply with a manual switch.i don't fill like opening the set without any fault just to do the experiment.because the set is running fine now and has been for the last 5 years. Minnie What you think of this idea? Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия