electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-SV535 Amp OSD dead and No Sound?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Onkyo TX-SV535 Amp OSD dead and No Sound? Reply with quote

So I just bought an Onkyo TX-SV535 at a flea market for $60. I figured it would be a nice replacement for my rather old Sony receiver that is powering my PC's audio. The unit didn't have its remote or manual but it came in it's original box and whoever had it before looked to take good care of it. No nicks, marks, OSD is perfect, all of the connections look in perfect condition, and face buttons have no wear. I know it's always a gamble buying used but the unit really looks to be in great shape. The problem is when I plug it in and click the Power button it stays in Stand by/Received mode. I pressed every button on its face and nothing, Stand by light turns off but the OSD doesn't appear and I cannot get sound. Nothing "smells" fried or looks burnt when I took the casing off....?

Any help would be much appreciated, could it be a blown fuse (or the whole friggin' thing) or I'm I just stupid for even buying the damned thing? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only advice i can give is to check that all the connectors are firmly pushed in check the fuses with the ohms range on a multimeter if you dont possess a meter hold the fuses up to the light to make sure that the wire inside is not broken .any fuses that are black or shattered should not be replaced as this is due to a short which needs to be cleared.good luck and remmember when doing this to disconnect from mains

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these two steps
1. take bottom access panel off and check for blown traces on main pcb.(near front of unit)
2. R933 r935 are .47ohm 1/4 watt resistors may be blown (common problem)
AIRBUSDRIVER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: ONKYO RECEIVER Reply with quote

HOLD IN THE VIDEO-1 BUTTON WHILE POWERING UP...
hokiedave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: reset Onkyo Reply with quote

On my Onkyo, turn the unit on, push and hold Video-1, then push Speaker A. It will respond with 'CLEAR'. Mine is still stuck in Protect mode, but maybe this will help someone.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: 575 no sound Reply with quote

i had the problem like mute was stuck on all the time on my onkyo 575 and i held the video 1 while powering on (hard not from stand by) and its fixed - hoooraayyyy for the internet
EnidGuy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: It worked Reply with quote

Thanks very much everyone... I had this problem with my Onkyo and the Video1-PowerOn fixed it....
kikusui

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Onkyo tx-ds676 off Reply with quote

Anybody can tell me what i must to do at my receiver onkyo 676 because i have the equipamente connect i have the red light from power button light but i push the stanby / powet button and they are dead no relay actuation no display nothing apenning please help me.
PS i see all fuses aand are ok
Tanks at advance
fritzyw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Onkyo TX-904 muted Reply with quote

I have a TX-904 for years and recently is either comes up muted or goes muted by itself after awhile. Does anyone know which component is at fault and if it can be replaced or bypassed? Thanks, I hate to trash it for this problem.
LAURI

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: VOLUME Reply with quote

how i can tune up the rear and centre speaker volume(i dont have the remote)? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия