electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith home theatre shuts down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Zenith home theatre shuts down Reply with quote

I have a Zenith model # XBS444 Receiver/DVD Player/ VCR that shuts down after about 5 minutes of any opperation. It seems as the unit is overheating and the fans do not turn on -ever. I have tested them now on 5 different days but they are not receiving power at the plugs on the board.
What can be replaced to tell the fans to turn on and should that also fix the shut-down problem?
gunny_2691

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: any luck fixing this? Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, I've traced the 12v circuit and it looks good, but the C (common?) seems to be opeen, or at least I can't find where it is going. Have you had any luck fixing yours? I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks
Moneyguy1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Failing XBS444 Reply with quote

Replace the voltage regulators on the audio output board. They are NTIS designated 7805, 7809, 7812. The last two numbers designate the regulated voltage. The most probable culprit are the 5 volt units.

IC 705, 706, 707 are 5 volt (7805). IC702 is 9 volt(7809) IC 703 is 12 volt(7812).

About a buck apiece
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope theirs still need repairing after all this time. Confused
trainman87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: zenith xbs444 overheating Reply with quote

info for anyone who owns a zenith xbs444 dvd/vcr/tuner combo,, and the unit shuts off after a short period,, due to the voltage regulators overheating,,,i have found an alternative fix without having to replace the regulators,,,being that the problem is they are sensitive and affected very quickly by the heat,,,airflow is essensial,,, step 1: remove the fan,, then connect the black wire to a closeby point on the frame,, a good spot would be the brace screw for the circuit board nearby,, this will keep the fan running at all times,,,step 2: use some tape to cover the open holes on the bottom frame panel, and then cover at least 75 percent of the larger vents on the right rear side of the cover,,,step 3: make sure the cover is replaced nice and tight all around,,this will create a larger airflow through the vents for the regulators,,,i have done this , and it works,,,not a problem since!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия