electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG plasma DU-42PX12X red vertical stripe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: LG plasma DU-42PX12X red vertical stripe Reply with quote

Coming back from a long weekend, we were surprised with a red vertical stripe on our LG plasma DU-42PX12X. The stripe is about two inches wide, transparent red, and it comes and goes away. It is always at the same location, about 4 inches from the right end of the screen. It is there for few minutes, than disappears for few minutes, and reappears again. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Thanks a lot,
GL
cory

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be x buffer pcb or logic pcb.either.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCB ASSEMBLY,DISPLAY XRLT ASSY 42X2 X-LEFT(TCP)
or
PCB ASSEMBLY,DISPLAY XRRT ASSY 42X2 X-RIGHT (TCP)

These are the boards that sustain the voltage up/down.
Now remember, if the stripe is on the right, it's the left board. Vise versa.
GL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, you are great. Since you know about all of this, can you give any hint where I can find to buy these parts? Anybody knows the cost I might expect to pay for these.

Thanks a lot to all,
GL
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact LG to see where the nearest servicer is, or just come straight out and ask them where you can buy the driver boards from.

Better yet, look at the back of your owners manual and get the customer service # and call them and bitch! Tell them you don't feel your $2000 tv should be broken in this short amount of time. See if you can't get them to pay for the repair. Happens every day.
Du-42PX12X Strip issue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[b]I am having kind of same issue, have same brand/model plasma tv, I noticed in the begining the stripes were only in red and blue color and they comes and disappear but now I have 4 stripes red, blue pink and green and they all goes in and out, mostly red remains steady, the all on the right side if you look at the front of the tv.I called Lg tech at home and he even charge me $265 only to look at it the problem and he said we need to change the Digi board also the left pannel xrlt , so tried changing my self no help.I even called him again and he looked at it and then he called lg, and then he said its a whole screen needs to be change which is arround $800.i mean comon you can buy the whole lot of tv now a days under $1000, so I am wondering if you can help me ot..

All help will be highly appreciate it.

thanks in advance. [/b]
[/b]
DU-42PX12X Stripe Issue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having kind of same issue, have same brand/model plasma tv, I noticed in the begining the stripes were only in red and blue color and they comes and disappear but now I have 4 stripes red, blue pink and green and they all goes in and out, mostly red remains steady, the all on the right side if you look at the front of the tv.I called Lg tech at home and he even charge me $265 only to look at it the problem and he said we need to change the Digi board also the left pannel xrlt , so tried changing my self no help.I even called him again and he looked at it and then he called lg, and then he said its a whole screen needs to be change which is arround $800.i mean comon you can buy the whole lot of tv now a days under $1000, so I am wondering if you can help me ot..

thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: I am having same issue with my Lg DU-42PX12X Plasma Tv Reply with quote

I am having kind of same issue, have same brand/model plasma tv, I noticed in the begining the stripes were only in red and blue color and they comes and disappear but now I have 4 stripes red, blue pink and green and they all goes in and out, mostly red remains steady, the all on the right side if you look at the front of the tv.I called Lg tech at home and he even charge me $265 only to look at it the problem and he said we need to change the Digi board also the left pannel xrlt , so tried changing my self no help.I even called him again and he looked at it and then he called lg, and then he said its a whole screen needs to be change which is arround $800.i mean comon you can buy the whole lot of tv now a days under $1000, so I am wondering if you can help me ot..

thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия