electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daiwa power supply repair info needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixit1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Daiwa power supply repair info needed Reply with quote

I need a schematic for a Daiwa SS-330W power supply. I have contacted all known dealers and repair depots and the USA Distributor (Comet) and have received nothing. It is used with radios and just quit one morning when I turned it on, only after about a year of use. This is a switching type supply providing 30 amps at 13.8vdc (variable). If you could CC: me with a reply at mkt underscore 55c at swbell dot net, I would very much appreciate it.
Many Thanks!
Bill
hk4cze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem with my Daiwa SS_330W I checked the fuse and It looks fine I am in Sth America no Daiwa dealers here. Did you fix yours. I would appreciate any suggestions
Thank you
Smile
Jorge
wud-wurks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: DAIWA POWER SUPPLY TYPE SS-330X Reply with quote

I badly need schematics and pcb layouts for the above unit. Sad

I have several of them, running a complex communications system and having recently won a contract to keep the system up, I have found on reviewing the technical information available to me there is no technical information on the power supplies. HELP! Rolling Eyes
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not have the schematic, but looking at the pictures on the net, it is not that complicated of a device as it is a standard adjustable regulated power supply. More than likely there is a common device failure.

If/when there is an absolute need with no schematic available, basic skills along with "reverse engineering" is the way to go-- of course if worth the cost in time?

Yes, it can be time consuming and a challenge, but it is possible to redraw parts if not all of ANY circuit on paper to aid in troubleshooting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Daiwa SS-330W power supply Reply with quote

Check Resistor R8 = 390k - 0.1W, located next to Power-Transistor Q3, 2SC5353 with the small heatsink.
R8 goes open circuit, replace with 390k - 0.5W version !
73 de HS0ZEU Man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия