electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon stereo component D-120 / 70: how does it work???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adela

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Denon stereo component D-120 / 70: how does it work??? Reply with quote

Hello Friends;

Re: DENON, STEREO COMPONENT D-120 / 70

I bought this radio from someone who was moving out of my building, and I can't get it to play because I cannot understand the manual. I'm hoping someone is familiar with this make and model? They played it for me before I bought it but when they unplugued it to take it to my apartment, I thought I'd have no problem following the manual... I'm surprised they don't have a toll-free telephone and no forum either! I did browse their site and my model isn't mentioned there...

Could someone help me make it work? I see it has a remote control which I like. I was told by the neighbor it also has a place for a CD or a DVD, and an audio cassette, but I don't see where to put these things; however, all I wish now is to listen to this radio and use the remote.

I anticipate my big thanks for any help! Adela
The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women for men. Pulitzer Prize Winner Alice Walker "The Color Purple"
kirit

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Service manuals Reply with quote

Dear sir,
We have this service manual in stock.
kindly contect us on !!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!! or !!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!!

thanking you,
Kirit shah
Adela

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Service manuals Reply with quote

kirit wrote:
Dear sir,
We have this service manual in stock.
kindly contect us on !!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!! or !!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!!

thanking you,
Kirit shah

Hello Kirit and thanks for reply but...I don't understand it: do you sell manuals??? I do have the manual, the problem is I cannot follow it, hence I seek help to set it up and start listening to this radio.

You also added "Please, disregard!!!" and give a private email addy...(???) Surprised) Thanks. Adela

P.S. I'm contacting that addy and hope to get help. Thanks again.
The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women for men. Pulitzer Prize Winner Alice Walker "The Color Purple"
fongs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Few things u can check:

1. Does the set power up?

2. Speakers - are they connected properly? Are the speaker selector (if any) switched to the correct position? (eg. some sets have "Speaker A-B" selector. Make sure u select the right one)

3. Antenna - have u setup the antenna to receive FM signal? Can u see a "Tuned" or "Stereo" light indicator on the set display panel?

4. Source selector - have u selected "Tuner" as the source? If yr set has a "Tape Monitor" or "DAT Monitor", make sure these are off.

Hope it helps! Laughing Good luck!!
Adela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fongs wrote:
Hi,

1. Does the set power up?

2. Speakers - are they connected properly? Are the speaker selector (if any) switched to the correct position? (eg. some sets have "Speaker A-B" selector. Make sure u select the right one)

3. Antenna - have u setup the antenna to receive FM signal? Can u see a "Tuned" or "Stereo" light indicator on the set display panel?

4. Source selector - have u selected "Tuner" as the source? If yr set has a "Tape Monitor" or "DAT Monitor", make sure these are off.

Hope it helps! Laughing Good luck!!

Thank you so much, Fongs, for trying to help me. I've been able to get it to play on both, FM and AM with only 2 stations on each so far. The speakers are all plugged in and in the little window it does say "Tuned Stereo Auto".

I went away for a week or so and on returning I found I can't use the AM anymore. I undid both the FM and AM and started from scratch...but only the FM worked - not the AM.

In addition to my not being able to get the AM part to play, when I wanted to add more radio stations...it just doesn't seem to accept them. If you have any idea I will appreciate it a lot!

Thanks again! Smile Adela
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Denon receiver Reply with quote

Hi,

Could it be due to poor reception at your location?

One suggestion is to switch your tuner to "Manual" tuning and seek for the stations manually (ie. disable the Auto Station Seek function).

Try toggling the "Tuning Mode" switch (Well, that's the label on my Denon AV receiver). Note tat you will then receive signal in Mono instead of Stereo... AM signal is in Mono anyway. Smile

Fyi, I do face reception problems at times from where I stay and this is how I overcome the problem... hope it helps. Wink
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing:

Antenna - Check tat u have setup the right antenna for your tuner.

AM uses the loop antenna while FM uses VHF 75ohmn or 300 ohmn type (Receiver dependent. This will be printed at the back of your set. My Denon uses 75ohmn for FM).. Very Happy

Try shifting the postitions of these antennas till u get a good (or better?) reception. Note that radio signal reception can be affected by the weather. Hence, u may get better reception on a bright, sunny day than a cloudly or stormy day! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия