electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Something available or no option but a new television??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debris128

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Something available or no option but a new television?? Reply with quote

I have an older floor model television that is an RCA XL-100. My son has this in his room and loves it mainly due to the big screen it does have like a 24 or 27 inch screen. His Grandparents got him a playstation 2 for Christmas and I went and purchased this module type black box that has all these input/output rca hook ups on it supposedly it can work like 4 to 5 electronics thru it like dvd players and vcr. Already had a vcr that our standard cable is run to and thats how we change channels to watch shows on this tv. The module box I purchased is not working or I am missing something to get the playstation 2 to work on this t.v It has only the antenna hookup on the back of this tv nothing else. But I would love to get the playstation to work on this tv help!! I can't remember what this black box thing is called got it at walmart. It sits on top of the vcr is where I put it and it has inputs and outputs to put the red,white,yellow or s cable hook ups into it. I have tried the playstation cables everywhich way into this box and zilch! This tv does not get an "aux" channel like our other televisions do. Its the old manual turn dial to change channels. Goes for like 2 to 13 then has numbers like g, h, i channels....
Code:
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XL 100....That sure is an oldie. (not that it is anything wrong)

Remember since there is no video/aux input of any kind on an older TV set, in order to be able to view an external source you MUST use what is refered to as a "RF modulator" which is hooked to TV's VHF antenne input and allows you to view the signal in ONLY either channel 3 or 4(depending on the settings on the modulator). Very similiar to a VCR with RF output which effectively did the same thing.

While it used to be very popular, not sure if the "black box" you are describing even includes an RF modulator? or even you can easily find one as it is rather an obsolete device. Even then, it would probably translate in to a poor video signal for a game..... SO sounds like time for a new TV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия