electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Replaced convergence IC's and now a new problem Phillips 46&

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Replaced convergence IC's and now a new problem Phillips 46& Reply with quote

Hello all, I was recently given a Phillips 46PP9302 that had a convergence problem. The red was wavy and would not line up. After reading on this forum I decided to replace the two STK392-120 IC's to hopefully fix this.
At first I had a picture, but it still had the wavy lines. I was trying to adjust the yoke (sliders) and it seemed to get closer, but (this is in a timeframe of about 4 min) all of a sudden I lost the picture and I have a "chirping sound". I no longer have a picture and one of the IC's heatsinks was pretty hot.... Crying or Very sad What would it possibly be? Could I have gotten a bad IC? I bought these from matelectronics-which I figure is a good source....any help would be really appreciated as I don't know where to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Replaced convergence IC's and now a new problem Phillips Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I was recently given a Phillips 46PP9302 that had a convergence problem. The red was wavy and would not line up. After reading on this forum I decided to replace the two STK392-120 IC's to hopefully fix this.
At first I had a picture, but it still had the wavy lines. I was trying to adjust the yoke (sliders) and it seemed to get closer, but (this is in a timeframe of about 4 min) all of a sudden I lost the picture and I have a "chirping sound". I no longer have a picture and one of the IC's heatsinks was pretty hot.... Crying or Very sad What would it possibly be? Could I have gotten a bad IC? I bought these from matelectronics-which I figure is a good source....any help would be really appreciated as I don't know where to go.

Ok...So I replaced the hot IC with one of the old ones and now I have a picture again. But The red still will not converge..so I'm going to switch it with the other old IC and start from there. I'll keep updating till I get it fixed....it's starting to pi@# me off and I'm not about to be beat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Replaced convergence IC's and now a new problem Phillips Reply with quote

Ok...So I replaced the hot IC with one of the old ones and now I have a picture again. But The red still will not converge..so I'm going to switch it with the other old IC and start from there. I'll keep updating till I get it fixed....it's starting to pi@# me off and I'm not about to be beat.[/quote]
Alright.. after changing out the IC again with the other old one----yipppeee
she's a working now. Da@m chinese IC's (even though the look exactly like the originals). I will however order 2 more new IC's from a different source. Very Happy
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to check the bias resistors around the IC's. I think there 1 ohm. There should be 6 resistors total.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия