electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONY Book Shelf Stereo FH-B511 Model No. HCD-H550 No Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejgrantham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: SONY Book Shelf Stereo FH-B511 Model No. HCD-H550 No Power Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hope you can help with the above unit.

The Power supply appears to be generating the right voltages, but the it refuses to power up.

No Lights on the front but the tape deck motors appear to go through a cycle, then nothing.

Thanks to this site I have a copy of the Circuit Diagrams, but at this stage have not been able to trace the fault.

Thanks in advance

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Sony HCD-H550 Reply with quote

Dont worry. Its not aproblem. It is one transistor on the side board which comes just exactly close to your volum control on other board at right angel. Now exeactly i dont remember it may be Q733. Check it and replace this. Your set will be ok. I did mine this way on the advise of one tip.Friend i will highly appreciate if you can send me the circuit diagram at [email protected] or suggest via mail.
mikejgrantham

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

As Requested, sent a copy of the Circuit Diagram.

Did not understand which Transistor you meant to test, their is no Q733 in that area ?

Regards

Mike

PS Circuit diagram available on this site

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/9050/Sony_HCD-H550/500M.html
Syed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Difference of Model Nos Reply with quote

Dear Thanks for the diagram. I sent you e-mail earlier to check my set. When i Checked mine is FHB-B50/B55/MHC-1100 And i was looking for the diagram for this model. But dont get dishearted we will fix your's. My believe is that as the sets have almost alikel circuit. You should check for the same transistor on the side board where the arae of board has turned brown/black from green. This is main identification of that faulty transistor because it is with out heatsink and warms up during its normal operation. I am sure you will be able to find the same in your set and that is main culprit. which makes the set to go in dead state
selwynottley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Request for service manual for sony FH-B511 Reply with quote

In play mode CD spins for approx 5 seconds ans stops.NO DISC appears.cleaning the lens through limited areas does not clear the problem.Ineed the disassembly/reassemblyand trouble shooting information to repair both the CD and DOUBLE CASSETTE system. Please post LINk of site where PDF can be found or E- MAIL to [email protected] help me to remedy the CD problem.TKU
kstheory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: SONY Stereo FH-B511 Model No. HCD-H550 No Power/ No Disc Reply with quote

I have had the same problem (spinning of motor and then "No Disc") on my unit for 7 years now. I've downloaded the circuit diagram, as mentioned in an earlier post. I'm not an electronics technician. I can solder in a new transistor, if anyone can tell me what the specific one is to replace or whatever steps I need to take to fix this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия