electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RGB Misgalignment on Toshiba TheaterView 50"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: RGB Misgalignment on Toshiba TheaterView 50" Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Toshiba 50" TheaterView TV, and I believe it is rear projection. I bought it off of a friend of mine for a few bucks, and the only problem with the TV is that the blue layer seems to be jittering and offset to the right of the other layers by about a half inch or so. The other layers could be messed up too, but the blue one seems like the problem.

Is there anything I can do myself to fix this? I'm a computer geek who builds his own computers, and loves to do DIY repairs, and I can generally fix most problems. Is there a feasible way to fix this issue without having to take it in for repairs?

Additionally, if anybody knows what these symptoms can be diagnosed as, please let me know. I'm hoping there is a technical term for this issue, because that would yield some better results from searching.

Thanks,

Chris
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing the model # the convergence IC that controls the blue has failed. Normally there STK392-110's. Replace both of them and you should be fine. Also check the resistors around them 6 total.
Exio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the model # is TZ-55V61. I had read somewhere else that I should be looking at part Stk392-110.

Thank you very much for your information!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get this fixed up.

Do you happen to know where I might be able to locate a service manual, just in case?

Thanks again!!
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paper only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия