electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Camrea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Camrea Reply with quote

Hello
shade2dope

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry hit submit by mistake...Well I have bought a wireless camrea for my helicopter and was wondering if there was anyway of not useing the adapter(you know plug in the wall) but instead a 9v battery or somthing of that sort.The camrea is wireless but the receiver is not.Its kinda hard to run a cord all the way to where you have to go to fly.I was told by a not so reliable source that I could just cut the cord of the adapterToward the bottom and use the cut end to rig up a 9 v battery adapter.Here is a link to somthing close to what I have..
Sorry hit submit by mistake...Well I have bought a wireless camrea for my helicopter and was wondering if there was anyway of not useing the adapter(you know plug in the wall) but instead a 9v battery or somthing of that sort.The camrea is wireless but the receiver is not.Its kinda hard to run a cord all the way to where you have to go to fly.I was told by a not so reliable source that I could just cut the cord of the adapterToward the bottom and use the cut end to rig up a 9 v battery adapter.Here is a link to somthing close to what I have..
http://cgi.ebay.com/SM-WIRELESS-CAMERA-KIT-RC-CAR-HELICOPTER-PLANE-A-VIDEO_W0QQitemZ180202040046QQihZ008QQcategoryZ34056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this makes sense to someone Thank you in advanced.
Sorry by the way I am rsr just register so I could post link
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, all you want to do is to run the receiver with a battery instead of it's adapter?

That should not be a problem as long as you can provid the needed voltage along with current capacity to maintain operation. You may in fact be able to utilize something similiar to the camera battery adapter (as in the picture). VERY importatnt to observe the polarity tho to prevent damage.

Problem being that a 9volt batt. is more than likely not enough as the rating apperas to be 9~12V(you can experiment). So, how about getting something like a small rechargeable 12 V battery? -- should work fine.

Used to have a similiar remote video application where we ended up utilizing car's battery thru the cig. adapter.
shade2dope

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
In other words, all you want to do is to run the receiver with a battery instead of it's adapter?...Yes

That should not be a problem as long as you can provid the needed voltage along with current capacity to maintain operation. You may in fact be able to utilize something similiar to the camera battery adapter (as in the picture). VERY importatnt to observe the polarity tho to prevent damage.....I should be getting it today so then I could tell you guys more

Problem being that a 9volt batt. is more than likely not enough as the rating apperas to be 9~12V(you can experiment). So, how about getting something like a small rechargeable 12 V battery? -- should work fine.
This Is the mostly way
Used to have a similiar remote video application where we ended up utilizing car's battery thru the cig. adapter.

THank you
shade2dope

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO got it the other day but something got me confused...With camrea I got a 2 dc adapter (both 9v)one for receiver and one for cam.It also came with a adater for a 9v to plug in to the cam but in the book it says do not use any thing but the dc adapter.Do you think the seller put it in there?Should it be fine to ru it on there? If it is Fine can I do the same thing with the receiver?
shade2dope

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry the adapters are 8v
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided that both are designed for DC voltage(as they appear to be but check the sticker to be sure).

As long as DC voltage rating and polarity are observed, there is no problem using a battery or an adapter. Only difference being that depending on the device current draw, a battery may simply not have enough capability to sustain operation for any lenght of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия