electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
mitsubishi ws-a65 intermittent flashing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icladius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: mitsubishi ws-a65 intermittent flashing Reply with quote

any ideas on the cause of this problem..thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure on the model #?
icladius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: model number Reply with quote

this is a best buy exclusive from 02 that the manufacturer assigned this model number to. it is similar to the ws65315, ws65415 projection tv's.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi ws-a65 intermittent flashing Reply with quote

icladius wrote:

Describe the flashing.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw this, what's the chassis? V20B?
icladius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: flashing Reply with quote

the chassis is a mitsubishi v20b. the tv flashs or blinks between a clear picture and a black screen. the black screen lasts for a fraction of a second before the picture reappears. the tv flashes as many as 40 times a minute. there can be as several seconds between the flashes or it can flash a little faster than once a second. the fault appeared 9 days ago and has occurred about half the time the tv has been on.
icladius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: flashing Reply with quote

btw, the fault occurs when the set is warm...thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suspect your convergence IC's.
budman

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: mitsubishi ws-a65 intermittent flashing Reply with quote

icladius wrote:

I have the same TV that started doing this in March-09. My set was also from BestBuy. Good news is I had an extended warranty on it. Bad news is I have had 9 different techs look at it and none can figure out why. They have replaced all three PBC boards as well as the PWB-CRT that is the power cords for tubes. It still doing it. All that's left is to replace the tubes, which Geek Squad is fighting with me about.

Anyone else having these isues ?
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi projection Reply with quote

I repaired a Mitsubishi US-363RS about 3 months ago,that was flashing off and on.I replaced the convergence ICs and resoldered the whole convergence board.Mitsubishi boards always have bad solder,even the brand new ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия