electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips #27PT6441/37 will not Turn on!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenna

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Philips #27PT6441/37 will not Turn on! Reply with quote

Philips #27PT6441/37 Will Not Turn On!: I've been reading up on the internet and it seems this is a common issue. It's pretty much dead. I've read that a faulty fuse is likely the problem. I've also read this can be fixed quite easily yourself. My set is 6 months old and labor will not be covered in the repair.

I've tried different outlets and all obvious fixes and nothing helps. I'm just trying to figure out if I can save myself (a poor college student) a hundred bucks by doing it myself!?
Jenna

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: I should mention... Reply with quote

I should mention is this a 27" 6 month old television.
Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips #27PT6441/37 will not Turn on! Reply with quote

Jenna wrote:
Philips #27PT6441/37 Will Not Turn On!: I've been reading up on the internet and it seems this is a common issue. It's pretty much dead. I've read that a faulty fuse is likely the problem. I've also read this can be fixed quite easily yourself. My set is 6 months old and labor will not be covered in the repair.

I've tried different outlets and all obvious fixes and nothing helps. I'm just trying to figure out if I can save myself (a poor college student) a hundred bucks by doing it myself!?

I have the same model and it failed after three months of use. The closest Philips service center acknowleged a general defect in the internal power supply of this model. I suggest you contact Philips Consumer Electronics 1-866-845-3578 and insist That they replace the TV under warranty.
Jenna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Philips #27PT6441/37 Will Not Turn On! - UPDATE!! Reply with quote

I finally took it in to a shop for repair and saw FOUR sets JUST LIKE MINE at the shop. While the repair man wouldn't admit they all had the same problem(although he and I both knew they did), he knew what the issue was immediately. I guess it looks to be just a blown fuse, but actually the whole piece that the fuse works for needs to be replaced...something like a de-gaussing mechanism...? Anyway, after turning the TV on and off so many times it just burns out. Replacing the fuse doesn't help because the de-gaussing thing (or whatever) isn't a high enough wattage for the TV.

I also wrote the BBB about this issue...and magically, got a letter from Philips saying they would pick up the labor costs (pretty much no questions asked). Guess it's cheaper to fix the complainer's sets rather than issue a full recall, huh? So my suggestion to anyone who has this same set...write the BBB! Without Philips picking up the tab....repairs ran about $125 (labor only).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: fix Reply with quote

easy fix, fuse and replace the PTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the PTC?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
What is the PTC?

? They have the wrong thermistor in it.
Remove thermistor #3523 and install # 2122 6630 0019 into position 3507

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What is the PTC?

? They have the wrong thermistor in it.
Remove thermistor #3523 and install # 2122 6630 0019 into position 3507

Is this what I am supposed to replace cause I have the same problems with mine. It won't turn on I only have had this T.V. for 1 year! I am so mad!! I don't want to take it in and have it fixed cause that would cost to much and I am not under warranty anymore. PLEASE HELP!! And when the T.V. Turns on it shuts right off and then does this blinking code thing. It blinks 3 times then twice then one long blink???? Weird! Please Help Embarassed Sad
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. And replace the fuse.
DDallon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Please explain the repair a little more thoroughly.. Reply with quote

Minnie,
Could you please explain the repair for the 27pt6441/37 a little more thoroughly?:
1. Where do I get the part #2122 6630 0019? Someone mentioned that it was available at radioshack.com, but i searched for that part number and didn't find anything.
2. How do I know which is thermistor #3525 and where position 3507 is? Are they labeled on the circuit board?
3. What does PTC stand for?
4. Last question...how do you know that this is the correct fix? Are you an engineer/electrician, or did you just find it online and it worked for you? I don't mean to be critical, I just want to make sure I trust this MacGyver'ish fix before I risk totally destroying an otherwise good (minus a fried fuse) TV.
4a. If you found it online, could you send me the URL? ([email protected]).
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия