electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Strange component / not classified?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beat-IE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Strange component / not classified? Reply with quote

(Forgive my not well English one)

It is of synthesizer Ensoniq SQ´1. I know that it is that the damaged component because, refrigerating it, the synthesizer works well but when moving away the refrigeration this component warms and in two minutes it generates a lot of noise and stopping to work. Is a condenser seemingly, with polarity (electrolytic?) because in the printed circuit all the condensers also appear with a preceded figure of a " C " and component east. But I don't know the printed reference in him: 9006 and in the Web page of the manufacturing " AVX " I am not able to find it.
It works to 15 volts with polarity, has a centimeter long and four millimeters of diameter without colors (everything he is yellow) and with this form:
_______
/ + 9006 |
(+) –––––| + 15 v |–––––
\ + AVX |

This is the damaged component: component / not

There is other identical that yes it works, with the reference "+ 22UK both are next to integrated circuits.

I will be grateful to who can inform me on this component and, if it is possible, to indicate me since an equivalent one here nobody seems to know it.

A greeting and thank you for your attention.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on your description, sounds like a capacitor but not quite sure? If it is infact an electrolytic capacitor, it should never get warm--- can you post a picture?
Beat-IE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, vtech.
I have a picture of the component, but I don't know like it is included in the message.

Thank you for your help. An affectionate greeting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking with a potent light and an enormous glass magnifying, I have discovered that the component 9006 have in a side a reference, hardly visible that seems to be 22UK. I have looked at the other marked component with that same value and, moving away -the most possible thing - a small adhesive sponge that separates it of the IC on which is, can a figure that could be 9006 turns. So it seems that the damaged component should also have the value +22UK.
I have returned to the page of AVX Corporation, but I continue without finding anything on him.
Would this be possible a Tantalum Capacitors from 22uF to 15 volts?

Thank you for your attention.
alain28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Would this be possible a Tantalum Capacitors from 22uF to 15 volts?

Yes, for me it is.
9006 is date code like (19) 90 week 06
K is tolerance
Should be possible to find on old sub assemblies from Computer or PC industry.
(for example I have one from 1987 with same size and bigger capacitor)
Generaly the failure is a short-circuit but it may be a contact trouble inside.
Epoxy molded, one side gives the polarity.
_|-----\___
.|-----/

Advantages was low leakage and low ESR (serial resistance)
You may replace by SMD model with 2 small soldered wires or tantalum with metal can version (military)

I may join some pictures later.

France
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat-IE wrote:
Thank you, vtech.
I have a picture of the component, but I don't know like it is included in the message.

Thank you for your help. An affectionate greeting.

you can upload a picture & post the url. There are many free sites that allow you to upload a picture & post it on a forum such as,

http://filenanny.com/unregupload.php
Beat-IE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: To locate a compomente stranger not classified? RESOLVED Reply with quote

For that that this interested one:
The faulty component is a TAR (Resin Axial Moulded Leaded Tantalum Capacitor) of AVX.
It is a condenser electrolytic solid. 9006 are the code of date of production - in 1990 week 06.
The size of the carcasa of the component (model W is 10,4mm long and 4,3mm of diameter) and the color gold, they mean that it is a condenser of 22uF.
The description of the product is TAR R 226 M 015.
The component can be replaced with the same one or another as the TAP (Radial Leaded) TAP 226 M 016.

Many thanks to all (to those that you sent your suggestions and to those that, without having him fact, you have read the message with intention of helping me) to bother you and for your help.
An affectionate greeting and until another.
alain28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: To locate a compomente stranger not classified? RESOLVED Reply with quote

example are 3.3µF 20v size of body 2.7*7.5 mm
on an other board: 6.8µF 35v size 4.6*10.6 mm

see also ceramic capacitor similar aspect or like glass diode with a ceramic chip inside.(2 size)

The most simple is to use a SMD Tantalum with additional wires or a tantalum
dipped.
Other manufacturer Kemet.

France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help, alain28.

An affectionate greeting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия