electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
problem please can anyone help on thos easy problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget-mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: problem please can anyone help on thos easy problem Reply with quote

hi ive just signed up

my problem is i bought a dvd multichanger for the car as the one in it already broke down so i gets this new one delivered and the wires im stuck on are these

there is a red - switch live -sorted

there is a yellow-memory wire-sorted

there is a black-earth-sorted

there is a brown and black which says signal ground so ive put this to a ground of the car

theres a green that says parking brake-do i wire this to a perm live or a earth to keep the player working all the time even when i driving as i recal if i wire it to the handbrake it will only work if the handbrale is on (i dont want that lol)

and the one thats really causing me to scratch my head its a blue and white wire with standby out on the tag where do i wire this to is it a switch like on a car amplifier that turns the amp on when its wired to the switch wire on the back of a car stereo the dvd multichanger is getting put in my bmw m3 e46 convertible it has the sat nav tv up front somene has added a mod cause i can watch tv whilst driving and it has alpine headrest screens i dont want to start pulling the tv out the dash so im hoping this standby out just goes to either a perm live or switch live in the boot so i can run it of wiring to the changer

thanks all im hoping someone knows the few wires i dont and can help me also i dont know the make of the new dvd changer theres nothing on it

i have got a alpine dvd changer in the repair shop at the minute they said the lazer had gone due to it selecting discs then returning them so they put a new lazer in and it was doing the same any ideas as to what it could be again thank you
gadget-mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: problem almost solved Reply with quote

the blue and white wire ive found out is for an external amp etc so just need to know do i wire the handbrake to the live or to the earth so ill probabily find out myself before anyone knows on here it looks if i do ill end convo i got told this was a great site
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to try figuring out who made the unit & get an owners manual.

While I'm not sure on your unit, based on your description, it sounds like you have a system similiar to what Alpine has.

The 2 extra wires are designed to be hooked up to 12V & brake light line & need to see the connections in sequence as a safety feature and will not operate by simply going to 12 or ground.As soon as you restart the car the system will know and you won't be able to watch video...while anything can be bypassed, it is definitely not safe or a wise choice. Again, can not be sure if this in fact what you have?

On your second question, there may be other problems such as spindle motor or drive circuitry needing further diagnosis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия