electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Blown resistor on plasma PSU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sidnicious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Blown resistor on plasma PSU Reply with quote

I'm trying to repair an RCA plasma TV (no experience with servicing these things).

At long last, I found an 800Ω resistor with its side blown out on the power supply board. It's blue and connects two huge traces that weave through much of the board.

Is there likely another component at fault (such that a replacement would just blow up) or is this a valid problem?

Where can I find a replacement (i.e. what does it being blue mean)?
Sidnicious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add, it's R133 on a PCB2310.
Transanalog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: PCB2310 R133 resistor Reply with quote

I don't think R133 is 800 ohm, rather 0.1 ohm. R133 on mine is Brown, Black, Silver, Gold which equals 10*10^-2 @ 5%. This is obviously a design defect as I've seen several of these on forums with the same issues (including mine). I am going to replace R133 (.1 ohm), R217 (.47 ohm), Q127 and Q128. I figure that should get me another couple years.

-Mike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

on mine R133 also blew appart. Q125 shorted.
Cand se anything else.

Did you managed to repair youre board?
Tiny1000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Blown resistor on plasma PSU Reply with quote

I have the same problem - 0.1 & 0.47 ohm resistors blown apart - what are Q125, Q127, & Q128 and how do you teast them? - Did anybody manage to get their board working again?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: PCB2310 R133 resistor Reply with quote

Transanalog wrote:
I don't think R133 is 800 ohm, rather 0.1 ohm. R133 on mine is Brown, Black, Silver, Gold which equals 10*10^-2 @ 5%. This is obviously a design defect as I've seen several of these on forums with the same issues (including mine). I am going to replace R133 (.1 ohm), R217 (.47 ohm), Q127 and Q128. I figure that should get me another couple years.

-Mike

Did it work Mike?
Tiny1000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Changing The Resistors Didn't Help Me Must Be More Items Blown - Did Anyone Repair Their Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

got the same issue, can see R133 has blown but just gonna replace the whole board instead. Trying to source and replace the resistors, transistors and diodes will work out fairly expensive and most likely never rid of the weakness. The new PCB2310 have been revised with a 5 watt R133 resistor, believe its a .47 ohm.
charliev

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Blown R208 Reply with quote

Same problem with my unit, though R208 blew. Can anyone tell me what value this is?

Where can I get a schematic to this unit (PCB2310 A06-124196B)?

Thanks!
-charliev
KCRUZER77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: AXY1059 Reply with quote

It seems like the r133 has blown out of everyones board. was there any sucsess fixing it . please pin point the cuase so we all can help each other out . What cuases these resistors to blow?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия