electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX23KA Convergence - CI problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majiq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX23KA Convergence - CI problem? Reply with quote

Help! I have an older Hitachi 50" TV (50UX23KA) that has recently been having shadows or double image, mainly blue, around everything (they appear about an inch or so to the right)a kinda 3D look. The magic focus does not help. Do I need to replace the IC's or is there something else going on. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have been unable to find a service manual so any assistance would be great.

Also you can enter a Center Mode by holding the MF button. Then there are crosshairs, one blue about an inch to the right of another crosshair, but I do not know how to move it or if this the problem. I tried the number keys with no luck.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there's 3 convergence amps in this puppy. IK04/05/06. STK4274. IK04 is the red amp, IK05 the green amp, and IK06 the blue amp. The resistors to check in the red are RK20/21 4.7 ohm 1/2 watt RK15/16 5.6 ohm 1/2 watt.
Resistors in the blue RK30/31 6.8 ohm 1/2 watt RK25/26 8.2 ohm 1/2 watt, green RK41/42 4.7 ohm 1/2 watt RK35/36 6.8 ohm 1/2 watt. Replace all 3 STK's because if one failed the others aren't far behind. Sounds like blue is off so check the resistors for the blue amp.
Majiq

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply and info!
I started a search for parts, seems to be a wide range of prices for the STK4274 $8-30 depending on the manufacturer. Any recommendations on where to purchase the parts?

Also will there be a need to do a manual convergence after replacements of the parts?

Will the Magic Focus work?

I tried some of the manual adjustment instruction stated for other Hitachi sets, but they did not work on this model.

Thanks again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust http://www.matelectronics.com

Only problem orders have to be $25. You can get them just about any where.
If you tried magic focus there may be a little adjusting to do. Usually you can just press magic focus and it should take you back. It's a 50/50.
Majiq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the new IC's. Ran through the Magic Focus and this thing looks like a new set.

Get yourself a desoldering iron & heat sink grease from Radio Shack and this job can be done in about a hour or so.

Thanks for all the help,......Barry
capsaveahoe

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: my bluetube is droping make the same thing as theres the 3d Reply with quote

the 3d look is killing me if any one can help with more info on where the tubes can be found the cheapest or any other way of fixing this blue tube thaxs my
minnie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the post, you have to replace the convergence IC's. Replacing the blue tube will not fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия