electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
ProScan tv won't power up but tries to

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: ProScan tv won't power up but tries to Reply with quote

My 27" proscan tv will not power up. I turned it on last night and it started and than stopped and tryed to power itself up about three times before it whent off. when I tried to start it again it did something simmilar. that is it tried to start up 3 times with one press of the power button.

I tried unplugging it for a while before starting it up agaian but ran into the same problem.

Any suggestions.

chris
sbeck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power supply is probably bad and it makes 3 attempts at power up and goes into safe mode to prevent further damage to components Twisted Evil
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Sbeck-Proscan power up - safe mode Reply with quote

I brought it to a friend who knows alittle about TV's. He had about 10 of them in his house. When I asked him if any of them worked he said know. this can't be a good sign. I will give hime one shot at the repair and pass on the information you gave me. If he can't figure it out tomorrow I will take it to a professional for an estimate. If it is more that 70.00 dolllars I might oped to just purchase another set. In your opinion is PROSCAN as good as a SONY TRINITRON. I think it's made by RCA ?

ON another note I purchased a Panasonic 27" flate screen for my room. I found it @ wallmart for 20 % off 297.00 for a total of 254.00. How do you rate Panasonic tv's?

chris
how much to fix?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbeck wrote:
The power supply is probably bad and it makes 3 attempts at power up and goes into safe mode to prevent further damage to components Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Won't Start - 3 clicks and out? Reply with quote

I have a 32" ProScan that started doing the same thing. When I click the ON button it sounds as if the tube is trying to power up (there is that "whoosh" sound), then there are three clicks about a second apart and nothing ever happens. Does not matter if I use the remote or the front panel button.

Any ideas? Tube, relay switch, power pack??? Any ideas as to cost?

By the way ProScan used (I'm sure the name is used anymore) to be RCA's high-end brand (Thomson Consumer Electronics).

Thanks for any feedback.
baxterdale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: ProScan 32" - no picutre, no volume, just click click c Reply with quote

I also just started getting the problem with my ProScan 32" tv of it making 3 clicks...but there is no picture or volume.

Interested in any ideas ... or do I now own a very heavy hunk of junk?
alltronix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 tries to come on is a protect device. Chances are there is something shorted on the horizontal circuit or the secondary side of the flyback. Check for shorted diodes or horizontal output transistor. Proscan TVs are usually prety reliable. well worth repairing in most cases.
mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably has the RCA flyback death.
check HV circuit for shorts, ect, as mentioned earlier.
dont rule out the flyback transformer. I cant count how many of these the flybacks just died on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump...

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in repairing this problem?
sheldonstv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: dead tv Reply with quote

Very Happy disconnect the line op stage,remove the lopt or remove the supply to the line stage
connect a lamp as a dummy load for the ht supply(go across the ht reservoir cap on secondary on psu) switch on and check ht is correct-the lamp should be lit
if your ht is present you could have a faulty lopt ,line transistor etc
regards mike
[email protected]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия