electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
This site acting weird

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilloz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: This site acting weird Reply with quote

Everytime on click on anything, the page jumps sideways, no matter how many times I click on the link. If I depress Enter after the first mouse click to high light the link, then it works. Any link or button will not work. The page sometimes gets narrower or wider or just plain jumps sideways. One click with the mouse and Enter is the only way I can get around on this forum. Any thoughts from anyone. Oh, I am using Ubuntu-Linux 7.10 as my OS.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is common when viewing it in a full-screen session with higher resolution than 1024x768. It is probably due to the used skin for PHPBB.
Try making the web browser window smaller and see if it helps.

Where i am sitting now, i use 1024x768 and have no problems, but at my office computer where 1280x1024 is used, i have this side jumping problem.
The same on a modern laptop computer with a widescreen display.
In all three cases, i use Win XP and Firefox 2.0 .
gilloz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torbjorn, thank you for your response and you hit the nail right square on the head. I did as you said, only I resized the window manually and it works normal now. I am using a Dell 19" LCD monitor with resolution of 1280x1024, which is the default for this monitor. Is this something that will be corrected or why is this site the only one acting up this way? In any case, thanks again for your response and solving my problem. Have a good one.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is not much to do to get the problem solved unless the site's administrator kan get some attention of Vereor, www.vereor.com , who has designed the skin/template (subVereor, can be found under "free phpBB templates on their website).
It seems that most of their free templates were designed back in 2001-2004, when higher resolutions than 1024 x 768 were seldom used, so probably it was simply never tested at a higher resolution before release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия