electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith relay 12VDC to 24VDC swap??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpercell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Zenith relay 12VDC to 24VDC swap?? Reply with quote

I have a Zenith TV (SY3572DT). For a long time I've been trying to locate a power relay for it. Everywhere I look I get "no longer available". The Zenith part number is 195-158; board location is KX3401. It's an Omron relay G5P-1 12VDC. There are plenty of the G5P-1 24VDC version available. My question is: It appears the 24V designation is the maximum voltage the relay can handle. If that is the case can I use the 24V relay in place of the 12V unit? I'm no TV expert by any stretch of the imagination but am quite capable of replacing a relay. The thought of dumping a $900.00 TV, with very little use, due to a $6.00 relay makes me sick!!!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Zenith relay 12VDC to 24VDC swap?? Reply with quote

jpercell wrote:
I have a Zenith TV (SY3572DT). For a long time I've been trying to locate a power relay for it. Everywhere I look I get "no longer available". The Zenith part number is 195-158; board location is KX3401. It's an Omron relay G5P-1 12VDC. There are plenty of the G5P-1 24VDC version available. My question is: It appears the 24V designation is the maximum voltage the relay can handle. If that is the case can I use the 24V relay in place of the 12V unit? I'm no TV expert by any stretch of the imagination but am quite capable of replacing a relay. The thought of dumping a $900.00 TV, with very little use, due to a $6.00 relay makes me sick!!!

Thanks.

I have the same tv, but don't know yet if the relay is part of the problem.
Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know if you were able to fix your tv and do you still use it. I have another one just like it with a smaller screen that is working fine.

Thanx, Steve[/code]
torbjorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Omron relays are industry standard types and compatible relays from other manufacturers (Taiko, SDS, Matsushita, Finder etc) should be easy to find by comparing datasheets. Some relay manufacturers even have cross reference tables that can be useful.
Make sure that any replacement relay has the necessary safety approvals for your country (UL, CSA, CE, VDE or whatever).

It might happen that the available control voltage is too low to make a 24 V relay switch on reliably, but otherwise the replacement with a 24 V part would be possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия