electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC PX-50VP2A Stoped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nostraquedeo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: NEC PX-50VP2A Stoped working Reply with quote

I have had this Plasma TV since 2002. I have had a line on the right side that would normaly be fine except for a certin hue of brown that whould show up as dark brown. That never bothered me. But for a bout 2 days I was giting green and red static on the screen everywhere except the center. Then one morning I turn it on and I only get the power light on front blinking orange a few times then tunrs off. The back litte comes on and the fans run for a second then it turns off.
I opend it up and have no signs that the magic smoke has excaped.
Any help would be...helpful.
Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now when you say "static." was it like a crap load of sparkles/dots?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nostraquedeo, sounds like a common fault with most plasmas. Common failure of the scanning boards, also known as the Y sustain and X sustain boards, will cause a sound and no picture symptom. It may even appear as the set is not starting as no input is present on the AV mode selected. Failure of the Y sustain board is by far the most common and cause faults such as:
► Sound but no picture.
► Green light only.
► Flashing dots over the screen.
► Intermittent Lines
My problem... no picture, sound ok. Green LED on psu board flashing 6 times (5 x short 1 x long pulse). On turn on, relay pulls in, 5V DC ramping up OK, 65V DC (VA) ramping up ok, 190V DC (VS) starts to rise,then fails, relay drops out, and fault LED comes on flashing, and 5V, 65V and all other supplies lost.
SOLUTION (for me)..... Capacitor "C97" 1uf 630V DC blown (stinking, so magic smoke had escaped!) polypropylene capacitor 1uF 630V DC. (Also look for slight swelling of sides on this type of capacitor indicates faulty capacitor). Circuit diagram shows this capacitor as a 2.2uF 630V DC ??? wrong capacitor fitted at factory?. Replaced capacitor with correct type 2.2uF 630V DC polypropylene ( note.. MUST use high specification type capacitor, example.. WIMA type MKP10 specially designed for switch mode psu type applications). Plasma TV is now working ok. Other capacitor to suspect in case of PSU problems would be "C19" 1uF 630V DC polypropylene. your layout may be different. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия