electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG audio amp turning on and off, HELP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swainey32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: LG audio amp turning on and off, HELP? Reply with quote

ive got the LG Xtremo LM-M1040,
and over the last 6 months, whilst listening to music, it turns it self off, display light and all disappear, but if i disconnect it from the wall socket after 10 seconds when i plug it in again, it works,
it was fine initially, but now its doing it every 5 minutes or less,
i thought it could be the actual power source, but ive had it checked and run a light off it at the same time without issue, so its down to the actual amplifier,
anyone have any idea to what could be wrong, or why its doing this, and if so, how can i fix this? or do i just need a new amp?
any opinions or answers would be appreciated =]
cheers
nels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: lg lmm1040 Reply with quote

G'day
Has any one given you any help yet?
I am working on one at the moment with the same fault as yours.
It looks like the power supply is at fault. I have traced and measured most componts and replace some caps but still no. I suspect the swithing i/c ( ic901) is at fault as the legs on it are blue ( over heated). the problem is i can not find this part anywere. So I am also after some help.
swainey32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only reply ive had is

only thing I could figure on is that there is a circuit breaker in the output of the amplifier a resettable one [auto] I have a karaoke mixer amp that does just that only there is no breaker in the circuit. there is a detection circuit that is installed that cuts out at a predetermined level of audio signal [voltage and current = power] thats the way the voice coil operates. voltage and current at a varying frequency to produce sound.

so im still not sure, and LG is no help, i have to send it in for repair, so still searching for answers
waynetux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. It started to cut out intermittently, then more frequently, now doesn't want to start-up at all.

Did either of you, have any success in solving the issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия