electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PHILIPS 32PW8506 , Bleu screen with flybacklines !?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herald

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: PHILIPS 32PW8506 , Bleu screen with flybacklines !? Reply with quote

I have 2 philips 32WP8506 tv's , both have a bleu screen with thin flybacklines.... does someone know the solution to this problem??

Please help me out... !
zalds

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: phillips Reply with quote

if thier is no sound eithier your problem lies at the tuner section if there sound try to replace the jungle ic and also try to check if the horizontal pulse coming from the flyback is present in not bingo you to slve your problem
herald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: phillips Reply with quote

zalds wrote:
if thier is no sound eithier your problem lies at the tuner section if there sound try to replace the jungle ic and also try to check if the horizontal pulse coming from the flyback is present in not bingo you to slve your problem

sound is present.. flyback transformer is replaced.. the jungle IC ??
please explain ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: PHILIPS 32PW8506 , Bleu screen with flybacklines !? Reply with quote

Hi.herald ,ther is often problem with CRT ,blue cathode will by shorted.Do you check drive for RGB??
irsa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

The problem is the tube. Set the G2 a little bit lower. The lines will disappear.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Blue raster with flyback lines. Reply with quote

Yes it's the CRT. Leak on one of the guns is a common fault on wide screen Philips tubes (LG-Philips tubes are better). Tapping the CRT neck usually causes the fault to show, another clue is that sometimes the resistor feeding the cathode is overheated/stressed.
tv addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: blue screen white horizontal lines AWA tv model w571 Reply with quote

hi
i have similar problem with my awa tv. I get a blue screen with white horizontal lines it's been back to repair shop twice in the last week + costing me almost $200 but problem still persists. TV is only 14 months old.
Looking at the repair warranty from first time it was in repair shop,it's difficult to read the handwriting but there are references to:-
1 - blue screen flyback lines
2- trace features to picture tube and tube socket
3- dislodge internal foreign material ********* (can't read the next word)
4 - heater to cathode short circuit on blue gun
5 - repair tube socket on neck picture circuit board
6 - replace heater dropping resistor & check ******(can't read word) circuit
7 - very exensive bench test

Anyone help out? I posted this info to a tv repair google group and someone replied back saying:-
'' if a heater to cathode short there's no repairing by conventional methods.Even a crt rejuvinator can't remove shorts. Only way to do it which is not always 100%, is to defeat the heater line to crt,meaning any path to chasis ground, and do a wire wrap around the core of the flyback. You're creating a new heater line free of the circuit ground.The cathode can short to the heater all day long and won't make a difference.

Meanwhile I am none the wiser about all of this. Just know am well p***ed off that despite 2 ''trips'' to repair shop and $200 out of pocket I still don't have a working tv:(( Evil or Very Mad Sad Crying or Very sad

If anyone can help/have suggestions please reply or email me direct at [email protected]

sorry if this post is so long,but figured the more info I give you the more chance of a solution.
Thing is I can't really tell the repairman/electrician what he should do. So it's a no win situation.
thaks Sad
mazmaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The Best way======= CRT replacing
tv addict

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: blue screen with white stripes Reply with quote

Replace the crt?You mean replace the whole picture tube?!Isn't that really expensive?! May aswell buy a new tv then right? Sad
psanyi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my Philips 28pw8504.When i switch the set on, after 3 min (sometimes more ) the picture (white) alternate between green and yellow. and changes in brightness.If i unplug the G2 seems to be ok, but the screen is't focused.

After 15 min i get blue screen with horizontal flyback lines.In service mode i get the

Error 074
Beam Current.

Now the question : It's possibile to be the CRT the problem ?

How can i get out from service default mode without remote ??? It's posibile ?

Thank you !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия