electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC 68cm PF68T32 CRT No Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monarols

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: NEC 68cm PF68T32 CRT No Power Reply with quote

Hi all, Have the above television which has had very little use, and spends most weeks in standby mode. The TV actually gets viewed about 3 hours a week, lol.

The problem is that I came to turn it on the other day, and noticed the "red standby" light was not on, checked the mains plug, all ok.

I thought it may have beena fuse, but when I opened it up, couldnt find a fuse on the PCB anywhere. I did notice tho, a component that looks like its blown. and has prionted on it T4A/250v. is this a fuse? See Below:

I do recall a lightning storm a few days earlier and hadnt tried watchingthe TV until now. The only other strange thing is that there is 4 other items sharing the powerboard, 3 of which were also on standby, but no damage occured to these units, so was only the TV. Could it be lightning damage, and if I replaced the burned component, would that fix the TV?

Thanks Chris.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is a fuse in a different pacakaging. (same as a 4A slo- blo fuse).

Mainly selected due to lower cost in production. You can use a"pigtail" 4A 125/250V slo-blo fuse in place of it---if unable to find one.

....Not a bad idea to check for"possible" shorted diodes(due to lightning) before powering up which will blow the fuse right away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vtech, will look around to see if I can get one then. Cheers!
monarols

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Mmmm, may be more serious? Reply with quote

I notice some brown gunk on the power switch connections, is this likely to be a fried switch as well? Pic attached:
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the brown stuff.--common solder flux residue left over from soldering that happense all the time. No worries.
monarols

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks vTech. Had no luck getting the same type fuse here, Tandy and Dick Smith just looked at them and more or less said they had never seen those type before, so dont stock them (bit of a worry) LoL, so will have to use a pigtail one, as you suggest. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия