electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Oscilloscope service man. HP 54615 B and simillar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Oscilloscope service man. HP 54615 B and simillar. Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about HP Oscilloscopes disassembling?

In our lab we have HP 54615 B (500MHz) Oscilloscope with damaged BNC connectors.
The problem is that I can't disassemble connectors block, which is somehow placed ontop of mainboard.
I don't know, is it soldered ontop of the board or just placed on the "comb" jacks (I don't know, how they are called in English). On the back of the mainboard I can see series of pins, like [::::::::::][::::::::::::] [::::::::::::], but is it connection socket or direct soldering, that is the problem.

Does anybody know, where to find service manual on the similar Oscilloscope, or how to disassemble it?
Tino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: oscilloscope Reply with quote

Take the manual from Agilent,
may help you.

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/54615-97019.pdf

by
Tino
Andrey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: oscilloscope Reply with quote

Thanks!
I've already found it, but thanks anyway.

For the future searches(for archive):
That block is named "Attenuator module" (or something alike)
It is placed on 3 connectors. It must be removed with the extreme care since module parts of the connectors are placed on fragile ceramics HF boards (3 boards for each channel).

The problem was in EXTREMELY STUPID design of input BNC jacks.
Seems, like they are assembled "on the knees" in a garage... I would recommend to kill the case designer on the sight Sad
The best choice I found was to place BNC connectors on the "liquid threadlock" in the socket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия