electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer DV-F727 not reading discs.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jryan15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Pioneer DV-F727 not reading discs. Reply with quote

i have a pioneer dv-f727 that is not reading discs. i took it to a repair
shop a couple weeks ago, and said that they would have to replace the
drive and quoted $250 which i can't afford. i pulled the drive out yesterday and cleaned the lens and lubricated the rails, but it is still not reading discs. i am not seeing any fault codes on the screen, it just tries to play a few times and then sends the disc to the load station to be removed. is there anyway for me to obtain fault codes from the player? could i get anything out of the serial port on back? any recommendations would be tremendously appreciated!

also a couple other questions. can i remove the dvd drive from the player and take it to a repair shop for a repair quote? i would imagine that the dvd drive assembly is not that much more expensive than one out of a low end pioneer dvd player.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello. does anyone having any ideas or advice? anyone having any troubleshooting tips, or should i just arbitraily start replacing items? i think i can find a replacement spindle motor pretty cheap...
sukrihassan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: my idea Reply with quote

I just want to know that are your player is appear NO DISC or can read disc but the PIC is not appear on TV
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it read cd's if it does it is probably the opu because the cd and dvd lasers are seperate in one package

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't actually say no disc. i insert dvd, it indexs into position, spins up, stops, spins up, stops, discards disc, reindexes into position, spins up, stops, spins up stops, discards disc, and routes disc back to unload position. display just reads open...

it seems to play cd's intermittantly. about every other time it will read a cd. sometimes the cd will just sit in position and not spin. if i use my finger to jump start it, it will take off and play.

not sure how else to troubleshoot? i wrote down the part number for the spindle motor when i had it out, i could not see the optical pickup part number, and was chicken to remove it.
jryan15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't actually say no disc. i insert dvd, it indexs into position, spins up, stops, spins up, stops, discards disc, reindexes into position, spins up, stops, spins up stops, discards disc, and routes disc back to unload position. display just reads open...

it seems to play cd's intermittantly. about every other time it will read a cd. sometimes the cd will just sit in position and not spin. if i use my finger to jump start it, it will take off and play.

not sure how else to troubleshoot? i wrote down the part number for the spindle motor when i had it out, i could not see the optical pickup part number, and was chicken to remove it.
Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having worked on many pioneers, am very familiar with your unit; Reason is rejecting, coz it's not able to spin quike enuff for CLV lock.
Sounds like a definite problem with spindle motor and can try replacing it, but
Problem is, U can never be sure of the laser--may or may not be bad which is not avail. seperatley( coz there is no way to adjust AZM)....So if/when there is a problem with either one, best to replace the entire assembly which comes complete & pre-adjusted & not too hard to replace. (only don't 4get to Toggle the tiny laser protect swich on laser pcb after install)

Part number VXX2653 which were used on many pioneer DVD players incl/DVf07/Dvf727

Good Luck

Ray
appreciative

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Pioneer DV-F727 Not Playing DVD's Reply with quote

I just wanted to jump in here and say how appreciative I am for being able to find this posting. The info was invaluable and saved me quite a bit of money. You all probably know that if you are into buying a DVD juke box your probably into high end stuff, so the alternative to fixing this thing would have been to buy a high def DVD player for over a grand... Needless to say, I can now wait until they come down in price and develop a juke box. One important note to stress; because I over looked it, until I doubled back on this discussion board... Make sure you flip that dip (laser protect switch) switch on the circuite board. I thought I did something wrong after I replaced the drive assembly because the drive was acting very similiar to the problem I had before I replaced the drive. All I had to do was open the case again and flip the switch, I am so gratefull I didn't have to take the whole thing apart again.

Thanks again, this posting was great, my DVD player is doing great and all my DVD's are loaded safely in the juke box out of harms way from my children. Cheers!!!
happy man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: spindle motor replacement Reply with quote

When my DVD carousel started failing intermittently and then got progressively worse, I did a web search and found this forum. I also found a guy on the Internet who takes apart DVD players and had the rf-300pa-12330 spindle motor available for $5 plus another $5 for shipping.

The repair worked! Ten dollars is a whole lot cheaper than a replacement DVD carousel.

The only surprise is when the motor mount is removed there are two springs under it that hold the laser tracks in place, and these must be in place to keep the laser tracking properly. Luckily, I noted the alignment problem and put the springs back in their proper place before reassembling the entire unit.

Incidentally, I was unable to find a replacement unit for the motor/laser assembly when I was looking for parts.
Happy Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

My mistake. The part # (VXX2653) listed for the Sony is available on an Internet search... for $135 plus shipping (or more).

I like the ten dollar solution better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия