electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV repair tip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiltedpeacock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: TV repair tip Reply with quote

Samsung WS28W63N, believe KS3A chassis with a lime green screen otherwise perfect. Any advice re where to look. I suspect a diode on CRT panel but not sure which one

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you find out what the problem was with your tv?

cus i think in the same situation, i get green dots on my screen from time to time
hattonhall

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TV repair tip Reply with quote

kiltedpeacock wrote:
Samsung WS28W63N, believe KS3A chassis with a lime green screen otherwise perfect. Any advice re where to look. I suspect a diode on CRT panel but not sure which one

With set on Check all collector voltages on the tube neck printed circuit board(PCB). If all are very close in value that's an ok sign. Turn off the set, and resolder every single connection on the pcb and spray a little wd40 or similar into the picture tube socket. This will clean it up and make for a good contact. Be sure to shake it after above an old rag to get rid of excess fluids!

With the pcb back in place switch the set on a measure the Grid voltages. If any one is missing the tube will not display properly. If the problem persists and If this is a very old tv it is possible the tube is Dud. It is more usual for one colour to fail.....it seems yu have two failed which tends to lead me to think dry joints on the tube pcb..whcih resoldering could well fix!
Good luck....and dont try any of this at home if you are not qualified to attempt the repair. TV Tube voltages can be LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия