electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PLEASE HELP ME! please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzbigway

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP ME! please. Reply with quote

I just got a mate to send me a Sony HSS2000 av receiver from the USA to Australia.
Of course i plugged it in without a transformer to conver the power from 240 to 110? 120?

The display worked and the hdmi inputs or outputs did not.

I then realised it was the wrong power source and bought a very expensive transformenr to plug it into to sort out the correct power.

Nothing is working now. I am thinking maybe i blew something up? There was no smell though or anything odd.

I want to get this fixed, can anyone imagine what i may have done to it? Would there be a simple fuse that just needs to be replaced in it?

The warranty is only US warranty, will this be expensive to fix? Would i need to take it to a sony replair centre or could most electronic repair guys fix this?

I am hoping someone says it could just be a fuse.

Please help me here by letting me know what i have proberly done to it.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful its just a fuse. Your best bet would be to take it to an electronics repair center and tell them exactly what you did to it.
They may be able to help you, but be prepared to accept the fact that it may be toast.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
vtech

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before getting too far ahead & jumping the gun, check the model number as the HSS2000 that you posted is rather vauge & not a valid sony number in the US?
For Sony A/V receivers in the US market , the valid model numbers generally start with STRDxxx. ....Perhaps you may have an overseas model or a compact stereo system?

In either case, look at the label where it will tell you what the voltage rating. Some of their products ARE infact capable of handling from 110~240V---some are not.
Also if/when you accidently use a 240V source on a 110/120v-only device, it will instantly blow/burn the power supply/transformer .. & you said the display was working?
nzbigway

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the display was working.
It is the HTSS2000.
I have opened it up and found the fuse blown.

When i plugged it into the australian power without the transformer the display was working.

Now my electronics shop has given me a fuse of 250 to put in but it just keeps blowing wen ever i put it in with a flash of blue light i have notiuced when turning it on while open.

It is running through a converter (power transformer) as well.

Any ideas?♦
nzbigway

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries guys.

I replaced the fuse and plugged it into the transformer and all is well.
Guess i was lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия