electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: denon udm3 Reply with quote

cd tray won't eject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: denon udm3 Reply with quote

I have the exact same error, tray doesn't eject, no motors run, all other functions seem OK. If CD is in the drive it is not recognised.

Any help gratefully recieved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem as second post! Are they all going wrong in the same month?

Neither of the two motors run - is there a fusible link somewhere?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

Hey,

My denon has the same problem any ideas on fixing it or is it terminal???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: denon ud-m3 Reply with quote

I have the same problem also. Please help!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines the same - been this way for over a year, cant find any information
about a fix.

Might have to resort to sending it to Denon UK for repair.

Have been advised that it could be uneconomic.

Maybe we should club together and take a denon engineer out for a beer!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: denon udm3 Reply with quote

Yep - I have exactly the same problem. CD tray won't eject. No motors
running. All other functions OK. I have no solution as yet, but here's what I have found so far. Took it to the local Denon dealer who seemed to imply (or did I infer ?) that it is a relatively well known problem, and that to fix it, the repair would be £140. Took mine apart and found
+5v supply OK to the CD drive and tray motors. There is
also a 500mA fuse inside the chassis (at the back,near the power supply).
This was also OK. Unlikely to be this anyway, as nothing would work if this had gone, but worth checking. E-mailed Denon technical support, but
they couldn't even be ****'ed to reply let alone supply any details. Seems
like Denon would rather you contribute to landfill and but a new DM33.
If this is their attitude, think I'll be considering a new TEAC or Onkyo micro system instead (similar size, spec and quality). If I get any further info, will update this entry.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: denon udm3 Reply with quote

guest wrote:
running. All other functions OK. I have no solution as yet, but here's what I have found so far. Took it to the local Denon dealer who seemed to imply (or did I infer ?) that it is a relatively well known problem, and that to fix it, the repair would be £140. Took mine apart and found
This was also OK. Unlikely to be this anyway, as nothing would work if this had gone, but worth checking. E-mailed Denon technical support, but
If this is their attitude, think I'll be considering a new TEAC or Onkyo micro system instead (similar size, spec and quality). If I get any further info, will update this entry.

I've got the same problem Crying or Very sad , and have taken out the cd tray mechanism to see if theres an obvious fault.

Theres a small board attached to the underneath of the CD drive tray at the front. This has the drive tray motor and two components on it. A capacitor (82uF 10V) which looks a little bit swollen and a DC motor controller chip (TA7291S).

I'm going to replace both of these components since the motor does not move, therefore probably not getting any power. It could be the motor controller chip and capacitor, or something more sinister.

I'll post back soon once I have replaced these. Confused Hopefully this will solve this fault Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Well after changing the DC motor controller (TA7291S) and the associated capacitor, the unit is still not working..... Crying or Very sad

Have to dig deeper.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: denon udm3 Reply with quote

guest wrote:

A bit more info....
I have learnt taht a common problem with this model is with the supply to a chip (IC003) that controls the CD tray loading motor. This is protected by a 500mA circuit protector (like a 'fuse' for a chip) that fails, so the chip gets no voltage.
But this is not like a 'normal' fuse, it will be a very small component
similar to a resistor or diode maybe. The one to check is called PR003.
but if you can find this, then let me know, 'cos I haven't found it yet.
A circuit schematic of the model is probably necessary. On top of this, the unit is quite difficult to take apart. Anyway, is you find PR003, check if it's open circuit with a meter, and if so, then this may be the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия