electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HiFi Amplifiers Service Manual (To Whom familiar with HiFi)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shahriar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: HiFi Amplifiers Service Manual (To Whom familiar with HiFi) Reply with quote

Hi

It is long time I am studying Audio power amplifiers.(solid state) I can say that I have seen most of audio amplifiers on the web.
One thing I am really interested to see is the schematic of a famous and very expensive Power amp on the market to see the techniques they use and the difference between them and the Nets.
Unfortunatley the service manual are rare and those service manual on the web are Old and daisy

Does anybody have just One service manual which can make it clear to me. (solide state)

Here an Internal picture of a famous Amp
http://www.4shared.com/file/48237428/4a0463e6/Audio_Pictures_Samples.html

ThanX in advance
Shahriar.Farmanesh
vtech

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question is rather broad in regard to Audio amp schematic .There are many many different designs all dependant on your particular application/needs. Majority of the famous "audio phile" brands tend to somewhat guard their propriety designs & some are rarely published.

There are simple & complex varieties in solid state design ; BJT, MOSFET, FET,IGBTT, modular hybrid.....etc all w/ their own pro/cons. At the same time, I have seen quite a few "high End", expensive amps that are basically made to look impressive.

In the ProAudio arena, I have seen some incredible, solid units from Carver(actually worked with Bob Carver), Crown(now part of harman international) & Bryston which are hard to beat in terms of design reliability & drive power. Most of their designs go way back.
You can look at some of the Brystons here;
http://www.bryston.ca/BrystonSite05/BrystonDocs.html

Shahriar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You very much.

If I had mentioned a specified Brand, Then It would be difficult to find one. as I said I just wanted to look at the schematic of such PAs.
The link you sent was very useful

ThanX again
Shahriar
vtech

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen many such as..
Classe, BGW, Martin Logan, Audio Research, California Audio Labs, Krell, Crest, Peavey, VTL, Nakamichi, Pass Labs, McIntosh, AmpZilla, Aragon, Counterpoint, Accuphase... etc.

Most of the bigger names tend to be very unfriendly & difficult to disassemble and some even go as far as grinding-off the markings on their semiconductors Evil or Very Mad

Have you done anything with vacume tubes? While solid state has come a long way, in my opinion, the tube sound quality is yet to be matched. If you get a chance you may want to look at some here(among slew of other Ckts)
http://tinyurl.com/ry5sr

looked at the site address at the bottom & see a good bit of interesting stuff in the store.... I've used the Orcad stuff & btw, I understand a good bit of Farsi Cool

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going back some years and had a high end Pioneer system that was faulty. I managed to locate a schematic for it with some difficulty but none of the components on the pcb's were marked with reference numbers making servicing difficult. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия