electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
National Model TC-2186 MR -Display powers off after 10 mins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathew spencer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: National Model TC-2186 MR -Display powers off after 10 mins Reply with quote

This TV has been operating problem free up to end 2004 (purchased 1991).

Has developed this problem about three months back.

Display holds good -perfect with no problem or distortion in picture . About 10 mins into operation suddenly the colour guns converge to the centre and screen goes blank. A humming noise ensues. When switched off and left for about 3 minutes and re-powered works perfect again and same thing happens. (but if re-powered within a shorter time it is the balnk screen & the humming noise)

I have taken the back cover off & viewed the inside - not touched anything. I can see probably the degaussing wires traversing the CRT from behind.

Is this a degaussing problem ? - or any other quick trouble shooting advice is welcome.

Sad
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: National Tc 2186 Reply with quote

I had this problem a week ago and solved the problem by sweep soldering because i found quite a lot of dry joints but the cause is dry joints in the LOPT section for sure I found the HOT transistor dry jointed and a supply for the hot dry jointed as well. I do not have a manual for the set but if you need assistance i can open the back of the set and see what components i have re soldered.
Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия