electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha DVD-S2300MK2 Tray Won't Open
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smata67

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the traverse assembly which has the spindle and tray motors as well as the optical assembly from an RP62 and installed it in the S2300. The terminal pcb (that mounts on the bottom of the traverse) from the s2300 was put on this assembly. The laser from the RP62 is the RAF3023, the original laser on the s2300 is the RAF3022, but they appear to be interchangeable. After doing this, all remained the same with the s2300. The assembly from the s2300 (traverse and optical with the RAF3022) I went ahead and installed on the RP62 and it works fine with no adjustments. The BA chip is on the SACD PCB which is buried in the unit. There is a current source for this chip on ebay. It will be my first shot at installing an SMD IC. I plan on using a pick and iron, lifting off each leg at a time after going over them with braid. I will then hit each pin one by one to reinstall. I see a technique on diyaudio where a bunch of solder is just placed across all pins and then cleaned up, but I think I can make it work.

I found some discussion that blames the spindle motor failures (which apparently I have not experienced, as the unit worked on the RP62) on the tray clamp assembly. The s2300 has a plastic disc atop the cd that the RP62 clamp assembly (which would work on the s2300 also) does not. I am going to go ahead and use the original one with the plastic disc.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, I see now... It's been a while. All this time I thought the BA Ic was included on the terminal board that sits under the two motors(some Panasonics were). Obviously, that is NOT the configuration you have and indeed it appears to be mounted on the DVD module.
In that case I can pretty much assure you that the BA IC will fix the problem. Only thing is if you have not worked with SMD's, be extra careful in removing the IC as it is very easy to damage the traces on the board. Make absolutely sure the solder is melted before pulling on any leg of the IC(without overdoing it). Probably the most difficult part is going to be the wide heatsink tabs at either side of the chip.

As far as the spindle motor failure, it is mainly refering to the arcing brush that was one of the causes of the BA IC failure.
smata67

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be getting the BA chip soon. I will have good motors in due to having changed the traverse assembly, is there anything else I should replace or do I just change the BA chip. I understand there may be some adjustments if it all works, though I did not need to make any to the RP62 after I installed the laser assembly from the S2300.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be ok. Only if you have any issues with pixelating video on a known good disc. Azimuth adjustmant is about the only thing if/when there may be a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия