electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Creative Inspire P380 board repair help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Creative Inspire P380 board repair help Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have a problem, my creative inspire p380 speakers for computer doesn't work(the board could be burned). So everything happened ~5 years ago after I plugged in the sub into the power outlet, I was out on a homestead It was winter, I guess that the voltage were different there. The sub gave me the "uuuuuu" sound and does not seem to work. After 30 seconds of bellow and howling I've decided to turn it off Very Happy. I firstly thought that the problem was in AC adaptor, I've had it changed to another one, the problem was the same, so I've sold the adapter, and gave up. After 5 YEARS listening music throughout fcking headphones I've just lost myself. So I decided to remove the "control panel" from my subwoofer. I am looking at the board right now and the capacitors seems to be fine, except one of them, it has black plastic that looks like it was melted underneath it. The back side of the board has some white spots around contacts. I am thinking about putting the board into isopropanol alcohol for a night, and changing the capacitor that seems suspicious. I did not managed to completely remove board from control panel because simply I dont have the screwdriver needed. I don't know how to use multimeter and I'm not that good at electronics so If you could give me any suggestions how to fix this, I would be very thankful.
I am adding photos of the board bellow.
Thank you, and sorry for my bad English,
Mammoth.

http://imageshack.us/g/51/1ngx.jpg/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Creative Inspire P380 board repair help Reply with quote

So there is no experts of electronics here?
Doesn't anyone have any suggestion how could I fix this?
Should I re-solder every capacitor? Please say anything that could help.

Yours sincerely,
Mammoth.
Pentode

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the PCB print tracking side, one one board to the left has what looks like a black scorch mark.

Just under there there's a smudgy bit it looks like a electrolytic capacitor has leaked... you need to look on the component side where this actually is, doing so you just might see a capacitor that as swollen, or deformed with gungy stuff that had leaked out and probably dried by now.

You need to look closely at that black mark, looks like something has burned up there.

The photo is the 4th one on the top right hand side, also that fluffy bit looks like the inside of a capacitor after it had exploded... seen this many times.

Best I can do I'm afraid

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentode wrote:
Looking at the PCB print tracking side, one one board to the left has what looks like a black scorch mark.

Just under there there's a smudgy bit it looks like a electrolytic capacitor has leaked... you need to look on the component side where this actually is, doing so you just might see a capacitor that as swollen, or deformed with gungy stuff that had leaked out and probably dried by now.

You need to look closely at that black mark, looks like something has burned up there.

The photo is the 4th one on the top right hand side, also that fluffy bit looks like the inside of a capacitor after it had exploded... seen this many times.

Best I can do I'm afraid

Dave

Thank you sincerely for your answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия