electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Compaq Presario 1700 won't boot up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj4761

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Compaq Presario 1700 won't boot up. Reply with quote

I was given a 1700 from a friend that won't boot up at all. When I press the power button the laptop begins to boot. I can hear the hardrive beginning to spin, no video yet. Within 3-5 seconds the system quickly shuts down. The same sequence occurs powered by battery as well as plugged in to power cord. I've tried this with no battery as well.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Compaq Presario 1700 won't boot up. Reply with quote

dj4761 wrote:
I was given a 1700 from a friend that won't boot up at all. When I press the power button the laptop begins to boot. I can hear the hardrive beginning to spin, no video yet. Within 3-5 seconds the system quickly shuts down. The same sequence occurs powered by battery as well as plugged in to power cord. I've tried this with no battery as well.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get to the B.I.O.S. screen and does it stay on?
Try booting into safemode, press the F8 key while it is starting, if it works check your power options to see at what voltage it is set to shutdown at, then scan it for viruses.
If safemode does not work, try booting from a bootable floppy or CD to bypass the harddrive altogether.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия