electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC TH-M505 please help!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djufo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: JVC TH-M505 please help!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

I am having a loud noise similar to interference noise when selecting dvd as the source. Either speakers or headphones, is the same noise. With volume at 0, everything is silent. Increasing to one, the loud noise comes up and I can hear the dvd playing very low far in the background. Increasing volume does not change the actual sound of the dvd or the weird noise. I don't have AM or FM antenna connected so I couldn't tell what happens in that case. Selecting the other sources just gives me a little bit of noise in one speaker but that could be just cabling. In DVD mode is where I can really see the problem. And like I said, either speakers or headphones, exactly the same noise.

I would really appreciate if anybody can give me an idea on where to look at least to try and fix with a friend at work and save some bucks Sad

Thank you very much all in advance!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody?
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without service information it would be difficult. First thing to check is to do a visual check on electrolytic capacitors within the power supply. While I am not familiar with the specific unit, based on your description, it may be related to capacitor(s) failing?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
Without service information it would be difficult. First thing to check is to do a visual check on electrolytic capacitors within the power supply. While I am not familiar with the specific unit, based on your description, it may be related to capacitor(s) failing?

Thank you very much for your reply. I visually inspected already, however your suggestion to concentrate in the power supply is extremely helpful. I need to borrow a meter to check more accurately for conductivity and power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия