electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audiolab and TAG McLaren identical?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Audiolab and TAG McLaren identical? Reply with quote

I've got an Audiolab 8000S and a TAG McLaren 60iRV. The remotes are interchangeable and differ only in the name printed on them. The front and rear panel layouts are exactly the same. Was there any difference at all between the two or were TAG making a fast buck? The TAG was defo priced higher than the Audiolab as far as I know.

The Audiolab blew when I turned it up very, very loud and a drum/bass transient made the unit go silent. The TAG blew due to a minor electrical pop from my laptop which I think suggests scandalous fragility for such an expensive piece of kit!

I've found a repair man who's about to open them up with a view to refurbishment but he says there's no guarantee of success because of the inherent susceptibility of Class A circuitry to catastrophic serial failure. Hopefully if too many parts haven't been fried, the amps will be economically viable repairs; otherwise I'll be selling them both for parts. Will advise on completion so that others can be informed.
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy; it looks like the presumed inherent susceptibility of Class A circuitry has indeed led to catastrophic serial failure of numerous components on both amps and the cost of repairing/replacing them all would be more than the amps' current value. Hey ho...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия