electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
No Sound from Onkyo Receiver -Please Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Onkyo Sucks Reply with quote

I had the SR807 and had to return it three times due to either no sound or a hissing sound that could not be changed by volume control. Finally, corporate admitted I had a lemon and sent me a NR807 but it does not have true 3-Zone output. They falsely advertise that they are 3-Zone receivers but Zone-2 is really the back two speakers in a 5.1 configuration. It is the same with the NR1007. Onkyo's corporate support was the worst I've experienced in 25 years. I thought Sears finance department was bad! Out of 27 calls to stay in touch with what was happening over a 9-month period, they initiated only two of them.

I will NEVER buy another Onkyo. If your unit works and you don't have to deal with corporate, you might be OK.
scoobyru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry u couldnt fix it:(
GlobalTennisForum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem and i just took the damn thing back and purchased a different brand.
subwoffergod

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: onkyo with very low sound Reply with quote

i have a onkyo p-3300 and it has very low sound and idk wat i can do to fix it
Driver_King

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Diode Replacement? Reply with quote

I saw a few posts ago (early 2009) a member posted something about replacing the diodes in the receiver. I suppose that is located in the DSP board but I'm not positive. I have an Onkyo TX-SR505 receiver that I'm trying to fix. The headphone jack works fine, the unit powers up and switches modes, and the display works but there is no sound, save for the Zone 2 amps that you can barely hear at max volume. I can't find which diodes the member is referring to on the receiver and would like to replace them but am not sure which ones should be replaced. Here are a couple pictures of the DSP Board on the receiver.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates.

same problem with my 494, sometimes it comes back the sound in all inputs (multi-channel/analog/digital/radio) after a couple of minutes it will cutoff, need to wait and turn on again.
bensonbarton

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thank you for sharing something like this!
techwolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Q710 Reply with quote

the Q710 seems to be a large chip and not a regular transistor, how am i supose to resolder such?

the diodes is something i will try out they have a rather black surounded spot around them

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my onkyo receiver works for a while now more or les, it sure is the Q710 chip. if i press on it the sound is back when the receiver is off for some time the sound is gone but if i press on the chip again then the sound will be back when its turned on. so basically it needs to be resoldered back on it.
glassguru7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Electronics General Reply with quote

thank you for
nise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия