electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
VS, N3235W blank screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitch44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: VS, N3235W blank screen Reply with quote

i read just about all i can read on this forum regarding the FSP212-3F01/3F02
Viewsonic 32 inch, i overlooked the entire power supply, visually,no sign of any thing burned brown hot, leaking CPS are alll good,and BTW its already a newer FSP212-3F02 !!! was expecting the older 3F01..erggg
so here is what i get...
Power of =amber light..
Power on=blue light.
thats it..blank screen ..no backlight. and dont know how to put in diagnostic mode. ( hold power /menue/ something)
help !!!
Mitch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VS, N3235W blank screen Reply with quote

mitch44 wrote:
i read just about all i can read on this forum regarding the FSP212-3F01/3F02
Viewsonic 32 inch, i overlooked the entire power supply, visually,no sign of any thing burned brown hot, leaking CPS are alll good,and BTW its already a newer FSP212-3F02 !!! was expecting the older 3F01..erggg
so here is what i get...
Power of =amber light..
Power on=blue light.
thats it..blank screen ..no backlight. and dont know how to put in diagnostic mode. ( hold power /menue/ something)
help !!!
Mitch

BTW: I checked the voltage and got 5.09v 11.79v and 24.01v on the main harness.
train123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: VS, N3235W blank screen Reply with quote

Just to verify that video is present, shine a flashlight or bright light onto the screen while the TV is running with a known good source. you'll likely get sound with no picture. When shining the light, you should see the proper image on the screen.

Now that you've verified that the problem is only with your backlight, you can begin tracking down the problem.
Check to see if you get 24v at the back light inverter board. If 24v is present, then you likely have a problem with the inverter board or the backlight lamps.
mitch44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VS, N3235W blank screen Reply with quote

train123 wrote:
Just to verify that video is present, shine a flashlight or bright light onto the screen while the TV is running with a known good source. you'll likely get sound with no picture. When shining the light, you should see the proper image on the screen.

Now that you've verified that the problem is only with your backlight, you can begin tracking down the problem.
Check to see if you get 24v at the back light inverter board. If 24v is present, then you likely have a problem with the inverter board or the backlight lamps.

Ok , will run those tests and get back to you. Where would you like me to put the Vmeter on the INV. board ( Pin# or other point?). so im not guessing!
Mitch44

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: VS test Reply with quote

well, adding the flashlight to the front of the screen actually let us see the menue, but since we could not find HDMI input , we could not get the PS3 working to see if we had sound or picture. all there was for choices was AIR, TV, cable.. NO VGA or HDMI in the menue.
So what next???
seems like it might be the Back light !!!
Mitch 44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: inverter test Reply with quote

the proper pin/harness going into the inverter board is holding 24.00V where it should be or where they are indicated on the board..
thats leaves the Tcon board or backlight , i think.
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inverter board has 24V - Inverter board has 'enable' voltage = Can STILL be a bad Inverter board.
Mitch44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Inv Bd Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Inverter board has 24V - Inverter board has 'enable' voltage = Can STILL be a bad Inverter board.

Ah ok i see, well the wife says in the recycling Bin ! we tried.
maybe i ll keep the new Power supply 3F02. and the main board .LOL
someone may need it one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия