electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Desktop Motherboard Repairing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satyajit Dhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Desktop Motherboard Repairing Reply with quote

I have a defective destop motherboard ( Asus P5GD2-TVM/S ). It has a power problem. When i connect the motherboard with SMPS 24 ATX PIN and 12 v ATX PIN. The motherboard gets shut down. But when i connect the motherboard with 24 ATX PIN only and disconnecting the 12 v ATX PIN the motherboard runs.

The next step i do is i removed the P4 processor from LG775 socket and connected both the 24 PIN ATX Connector and 12 V ATX connector. The motherboard started running and after few seconds all the six electrolytic capacitors ( 4 Volt-680 micro farad) started to explode one by one. I am now confused where the actual problem may lie.

Is there anybody could help me regarding this matter?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I damaged my motherboard by dropping my screwdriver while trying to re-paste the CPU
I hit the HP_PWR chip and was wondering if there was anything I could possibly do.
Ellyhill18

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Computer and office equipment repairs Reply with quote

Desktop Motherboard Repair: Step-by-Step Guide
1. Checking the Wires
First of all, you should check the proper wire connectivity(both power cable and VJ cable) to make sure that the proper current is flowing through PC to monitor.

2. NUM Lock Check
If your PC wiring (Power cable and VJ cable) and monitor wiring are all set. You should press the NUM lock to check if your PC is properly running or not. If NUM lock does not produce any light, it means the PC is not running well.

3. Check the RAM
You can pull out your RAM and rub it to clean any dust, Carbon or moistness on it. Then you can put it back into the circuit. You can check all RAM slots step by step. If none of the RAM slots is generating a display, you should just change your RAM.

4. Check the Capacitors
If a newer RAM is also not working. You should check your motherboard further, You should check all the capacitors’ reading on the motherboard. You can replace the faulty capacitors or moist pads of your motherboard. If all of your Capacitors and moist pads are working fine. You should check other parts as well.

5. Check the Bridge
After checking the values of capacitors, you should check your Bridge. The bridge provides the power supply to the Display drivers and monitor.

6. Check the Resistors
Next step is to check the resistors between the ICs and RAM chips. They are used in a series. So you can easily find the faulty resistor and replace it with a new one.
TheKiddieDentist #1 Plateform That Provide you to Get Best information About Kids Dental Care And Dailylife Usefull Teeth-Products For Your Kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия