electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
hitachi tv vertical hold problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrenaln

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: hitachi tv vertical hold problem Reply with quote

have a hitachi ct-7899b tv that every 10-15 min the vert hold goes for a min , no vert adjustment on the menus, etc. it doesnt change if I bump it so I assume it isnt a loose solder joint, any ideas? or is it a throw away( I love the tv as it has built in surround sound and even a subwoofer on the top! sounds amazing ) HELP ME PLEASE Smile

thanks mucho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fast does the picture roll? Does it roll up or down?
Maybe you could try replacing the electrolytics around the sync separator or look for dry joints. Can you measure it's frequency?
adrenaln

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: rolling rolling rolling Reply with quote

it rolls from top to bottom, some channels it doesnt at all, some it is continuous , some channels every 4 -6 min it will roll 2 times

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the free running frequency of the verticle oscillator is too high. It should be a little below the video signal of your format.
When you change chanels the error from the free running to the actual video frequency is calculated and adjusted accordingly. If the error is too great it takes time to lock onto the video frequency.
If it happens while on a chanel it sounds like it is losing the synchronization from the sync separator or the verticle oscillator is not working correctly.
Can you solder new electrolytics in yourself?
adrenaln

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I can solder anything if I have a diagram or a direction as to where they may be and what it is I am replacing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get a diagram you can see what you are soldering:)
If not, replace the electrolytics around anything that looks like a verticle IC and resolder the IC's pins carefully. (don't short them)
If you have access to an ESR meter, test all of the electrolytics and replace the bad ones. Most are low ESR capacitors. Use high temperature capacitors (105 Deg. Celcius) Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already have checked your antenna plug and cables for loose/broken connections, I am sure. Smile
Check the connections on the antenna, continuity of the cable and any plugs you are using. Check inside the T.V. aswell. Maybe your tuner contacts need cleaning. A weak signal will roll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия