electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
troubleshoot Pioneer SX-2900
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep checked the solder joints on the main board weeks ago when i first disassembled it and they looked good... so do the joints on the SP switch ass. (see pics). i've noticed that the optimal placement of the Speaker B button is when the button is out (i.e. the B speakers are off) and then pushed in slightly (maybe just 0.5-1mm), well before the B speaker button engages/turns on the B speakers

scar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/BxrJUTR

You may want to confirm by holding a strong flashlight beam on one side while you look from the other, that with each switch in the OUT position there will be nothing on the inside of the switch at the red dots when you drill. You may want to remove switches from PC board if hard to view. Working the switch while lighted may allow you to see if red dots need relocation. IF all looks well, drill a hole at a red dot (you may only need to drill one on each switch, depending on their construction) the diameter of the extension spray tube that comes with your favorite aerosol chemical contact cleaner (Deoxit, Blue Stuff, Tuner cleaner, etc.). Only drill into the switch the thickness of the plastic wall.

It actually looks like once switches are removed from the PC board AND from metal frame by straightening 4 bent metal tabs, that each could be disassembled. Let's only try that IF chemically cleaning doesn't improve.
scar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again jts! the DeoxIt worked pretty well... i had to apply it a few times and work the buttons a lot to work it in there, but the sound is pretty consistent now! my dad is gonna be stoked!
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, it's a stereo receiver ... NOT a drink coaster. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия