electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Technics SX-PX7 / SX-PX9 PCM Digital Piano

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarl_2k

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Technics SX-PX7 / SX-PX9 PCM Digital Piano Reply with quote

Hello people.
I'm looking for repair information for a ~25 year old Technics PX7 digital piano. I know there are several websites selling them, but I'm somewhat reluctant about spending $25 for the manual to fix a $20 article.

Any help would be appreciated.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25 years old
$20 article

How "complex" can it be?
jarl_2k

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
25 years old
$20 article

How "complex" can it be?

Smile that's one of the reasons I got the keyboard in the first place Smile

However, this is a keyboard that was more than $2000 when new, so there are some "niceties" inside, and debugging old analog circuits without a schematic is a pain in the lower back. Also, the keyboard is weighted, it's easy to break stuff removing the individual keys, etc., so the service manual is a must.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you "lied." You should have said:

I'm reluctant about spending $25 for the manual to fix a more than $2000 (when new) article.

How much was the manual when the article was new?

Penny-pincher, cheap skate, etc. come to mind.
jarl_2k

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Then you "lied." You should have said:

I'm reluctant about spending $25 for the manual to fix a more than $2000 (when new) article.

How much was the manual when the article was new?

Penny-pincher, cheap skate, etc. come to mind.

Nope. I didn't bought it new. It's still a $20 piece of hardware, with $2000 guts.

I don't care how much was the manual when the article was new. Penny-pincher? Yes. Cheapskate? Maybe.

Now that we all know your opinion, I have to assume you either don't have the manual or you think I should pay for it. I respectfully choose to disagree.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuals are tools, just like a screwdriver is. You paid for your other tools right?

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jarl_2k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Tools Reply with quote

Yep... I paid for the other tools.

The difference here is that the other tools have not been photocopied, and the original manufacturer is receiving the money -or a part of it, at least-. Also, the chances of putting my hands on another Technics PX7 are zero, so the chances of using this "tool" again are close to nil. I don't know you, but I don't use disposable tools.

That being said, I don't want to make this thread one about the semantics of free manuals vs. paid manuals. I came to a website that has tons of free manuals, and I'm thankful for it. There's a forum in this website which only purpose if for people to ask for manuals, so it made sense to request the one I need. That's what I did. I'm not here to defend whatever reasons I have to ask for this manual.

Again, if someone around here has the abovementioned manual, or knows where to find it, I would appreciate you letting me know so. If you are here to post about why I should pay for the manual more than what I paid for the keyboard, I appreciate you taking the time to think about that, but please refrain from posting. You are wasting your time, my time, and the time of anyone who lands in this thread looking for the same manual.
ChrisPX7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also acquired a Technics PX7 with some stuck keys. I can't even open the thing to get inside. Any ideas?
Also I don't want to spend $25 on a manual - because it is a rip off and there are quite enough lazy wankers in this world already taking all my pennies. By the way - the justmanuals link was useless - no mention of Technics.
A pdf would be great if I can find one.
jarl_2k

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I didn't find/didn't buy the manual at the end... I just decided to open it and poke around, trying to make sense of the circuit and asking some other forums.

Anyway... to open the keyboard you need to remove several screws at the bottom. I'm away from home for a few days so I can't check which screws were those, but it's not hard to find out. There are two long screws near the front corners of the raised part, and a couple others around the center/back. Do not remove the array of screws near the front, as those are the ones that hold the keyboard to the frame and you may damage something if it gets loose. No need to remove the screws at the back of the keyboard either.

I remember I found a website with some indications on how to fix stuck keys on several different electric pianos. There wasn't anything specific about technics, but the information was good anyway. You'll have to google for it, though...

Best luck!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you taking the time to think about that, but please refrain from posting. You are wasting your time, my time, and the time of anyone who lands in this thread looking for the same manual.????

Ali

...perhaps you should look in the mirror first? You are making a fool of yourself resurrecting a 4plus year old posting yet complaining about wasting time. What an IDIOT.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия