electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PINTEK PS-257 Oscilloscope Diagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: PINTEK PS-257 Oscilloscope Diagram Reply with quote

Can somebody PLEASE help me? I'm looking for the circuit diagram for the PINTEK (also known as STARTRON) Model PS-257 OSCILLOSCOPE.
All mine does is a feint green glow on the screen.
There is not even a spot!
I can't make out the resister values in the FOCUS string or the diode upon which the HT is attached. (possible zener)
The measured voltage is just under 2KV

Thank you very much.
Robert
[email protected]
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting them direct? Doubt that you'll find any useable information on the net. I am not familiar with the specific unit but it does sound like a high voltage issue? In general dealing with most of your yingyang chinese outfits are not easy & you may never get an answer but certainly worth a try.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: PINTEK PS-257 Oscilloscope Diagram Reply with quote

Good day vtech,
Thank you for your comments.
Yes I too think it not possible to get details on this one. But what you said re; HV. That may be it and I'll tell you why.

I was playing (poking) around with the (Int max) trim-pots (fool that I am) and accidently shorted out the 2KV to chassis. And that was that. Nix. So I'll look there now. What could have blown ?? Cap or resistor or possible a diode or two?? I still get 2K volts though!

Thank you once again

Robert Bruce
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to tell without some sort of a diagram. Perhaps checking for the presence of various voltages might lead you somewhere?
Or even look for obvious burnt resistor/fusistor etc.
In general, if the high voltage is shorted out, normally it would pop the main fuse but may be it has a seperate power supply/control circuitry for HV.
Do a search for scope deflection circuitry---it may be helpful to get an idea.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Oscilloscope Reply with quote

Thanks vtech,
I will follow your suggestions.
I'm pretty sure it will get sorted.
BTW, I found that the Circuit diagram of the HAMEG 200 is almost identical to my scope. I can even trace some similar components on the board with of the diagram.
Some voltages are also on the diagrams.
I keep you informed.

Once again

Many thanks

Robert
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observation; I would not be surprised to find out that it is a copycat of another brand name as the chinese are true masters in copying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: PINTEK PS-257 Oscilloscope Diagram Reply with quote

[Still looking for a diagram?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия