electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Microwave question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fcarruth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Microwave question Reply with quote

Hello all,

This is my 1st post but I have looked at this great site but can't find any info about my model.

I have anOver the Range Microwave Oven by Sharp, Model # R-1381, Serial # 124513.

The other day, while starting to make some popcorn, it made a loud pop. Now the carousel spins but it seems to sound like something is sort of grinding and louder than normal. Also, the unit will not heat anything. Is this normally a sign of the heating element has gone out ? If so, where might I try to find parts ? I have tried a few service places as well as Sharp and no one even says that this is a legitimate model. The owners manual says it as does the inside of the door so I know it is correct. There is even a site that says the R-1501 is a replacement for the R1381. Does that sound as if there was a recall or just coincidence ?

Thanks for the help and sorry for being so loooong winded.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magnetron is short and it will be cheaper to buy a new one
MAC.T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the magnetron is short and it will be cheaper to buy a new one
Crash Override

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Microwave Reply with quote

If you heard a "POP" and now a loud buzzing noise, it's one of 3 things

1) the rectifier diode on the capacitor is blown, this is simply a matter of replacing like with like, but make sure you get the polarity correct

2) The Capacitor has blown, which is again, replace like with like, on the commercial ones they are 1.1uF 2.1kv approx

3) The magnetron is blown, this is again, replace like with like, and can be sourced from good catering equipt suppliers, they aren't too difficult to fit but make sure you screw it into place nice and tight
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия