electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Peugeot 406 radio code please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POUJO

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Peugeot 406 radio code please Reply with quote

Hi,
Driving me nuts here, tried fitting another CD/Radio but although it's same blocks simply doesn't work, so stuck with finding radio code for the old cassette radio as have a long journey shortly... SO:

Please could you help me with a code for Peugeot 406 P970 UJO

Radio : Phillips cassette/radio model number (damaged but think-22 DC 59/65

Prod No: FD 00 96 24 9050500

Ministero P.T : 6/01005/19919/A

REF PEUGEOT
96 169 788 ZL 00
PHB9050500

ENGRAVED ON METAL SIDE: PHAPBFT9050500

Many thanks in anticipation, silent journeys are getting tedious Smile
tmcu

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Peugeot 406 radio code please Reply with quote

POUJO wrote:
Hi,
Driving me nuts here, tried fitting another CD/Radio but although it's same blocks simply doesn't work, so stuck with finding radio code for the old cassette radio as have a long journey shortly... SO:

Please could you help me with a code for Peugeot 406 P970 UJO

Radio : Phillips cassette/radio model number (damaged but think-22 DC 59/65

Prod No: FD 00 96 24 9050500

Ministero P.T : 6/01005/19919/A

REF PEUGEOT
96 169 788 ZL 00
PHB9050500

ENGRAVED ON METAL SIDE: PHAPBFT9050500

Many thanks in anticipation, silent journeys are getting tedious :)

Original code 4641
POUJO

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch, that code was supplied on paper with the car but for some reason will not work... i get a "0" on the display which i assume is "wrong" but in the possibility that it required to be entered more than once i did the same code for all 4 attempts and now on Err Code... so it looks like it's headed for the bin and direct wire an aftermarket unit... had a VDO RD3 unit from a 206 which happily ejects the CD but that's about all! i know it was working when it was taken from the 206... but looking at pinout diagram and comparing where i am picking up +12V on the black connector it's not the same... and even cross connecting the ground and 12v from where i find them to where the RD3 likes them doesn't work either... most frustrating! but thanks for the help... appreciated.. Smile
tmcu

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POUJO wrote:
Thanks a bunch, that code was supplied on paper with the car but for some reason will not work... i get a "0" on the display which i assume is "wrong" but in the possibility that it required to be entered more than once i did the same code for all 4 attempts and now on Err Code... so it looks like it's headed for the bin and direct wire an aftermarket unit... had a VDO RD3 unit from a 206 which happily ejects the CD but that's about all! i know it was working when it was taken from the 206... but looking at pinout diagram and comparing where i am picking up +12V on the black connector it's not the same... and even cross connecting the ground and 12v from where i find them to where the RD3 likes them doesn't work either... most frustrating! but thanks for the help... appreciated.. :)

I have included a link to code entry instructions in case you want to wait for it to reset and try again ,
https://www.dndservices.co.uk/peugeot-22dc594-65.html
POUJO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: thanks for the link Reply with quote

Most kind and helpful, appreciated... Be well, will see what happens Smile
POUJO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: code entry Reply with quote

That link is fine, i wondered why a 0 would appear every time i pushed "1" and it seemed there was more to it but had trouble finding any manual online... the product number has an extra digit there 22CD594/65 to my 22CD59/65... brilliant! thanks, will leave the radio on tomorrow after running it and try... am sure it will work now with your help... what a faff! Smile many thanks
tmcu

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: code entry Reply with quote

POUJO wrote:
That link is fine, i wondered why a 0 would appear every time i pushed "1" and it seemed there was more to it but had trouble finding any manual online... the product number has an extra digit there 22CD594/65 to my 22CD59/65... brilliant! thanks, will leave the radio on tomorrow after running it and try... am sure it will work now with your help... what a faff! :) many thanks

It can take some time to reset after a few incorrect entry attempts and it has to be left on continuously so leave the ign on aux to leave the radio powered up until it does reset , good luck !
POUJO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: reset Reply with quote

Hi, yes, have left it on for 2 hrs this morning, hopefully that's good enough... will see shortly... many thanks again, will let you know...enjoy your day Smile
POUJO

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Yup! Reply with quote

Hi, thanks so much it worked a treat... the method was the gem, not something easily discovered without the manual or the correct model number!

Mucho Gracias! wishing you all good things Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: