electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fuse size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Fuse size Reply with quote

I currently have a 4 channel amp powering my speakers in my car. I am planning on getting a 12" sub and an amp to power it. I have a 4 gauge wire run all the way to the trunk for my current amp. I am going to get a distribution block and run the 4 gauge wire to the block and 8 gauge wire from the block to each amp. My question is how do I go about determining what size fuse to use. I already have a 60amp fuse for the current amp and I'm not sure what size fuse I will need to replace it with. The new amp will most likely need a 60amp fuse as well so do I run a 120 amp fuse or keep my 60 amp fuse. I'm pretty sure I just need to run a single 60 amp fuse but I want to make sure before I start buying stuff. Thanks.
zaakee2022

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Fuse size Reply with quote

vivo wrote:
I currently have a 4 channel amp powering my speakers in my car. I am planning on getting a 12" sub and an amp to power it. I have a 4 gauge wire run all the way to the trunk for my current amp. I am going to get a distribution block and run the 4 gauge wire to the block and 8 gauge wire from the block to each amp. My question is how do I go about determining what size fuse to use. I already have a 60amp fuse for the current amp and I'm not sure what size fuse I will need to replace it with. The new amp will most likely need a 60amp fuse as well so do I run a 120 amp fuse or keep my 60 amp fuse. I'm pretty sure I just need to run a single 60 amp fuse but I want to make sure before I start buying stuff. Thanks.

You should stick with the old fuse as increasing fuse range will hurt you if any short occurs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuse size Reply with quote

zaakee2022 wrote:

You should stick with the old fuse as increasing fuse range will hurt you if any short occurs.

Yes that is true if it is possible he should wear some kind of gloves which are electric shock proof.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fuse size Reply with quote

vivo wrote:

Never seen a 60 amp automotive fuse. The amp might have it, but 20 amps is a standard car fuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия