electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony STR-DE535

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baz69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Sony STR-DE535 Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a service manual or schematics for a sony STR-DE535 receiver to help sort out a "protector" mode problem.

Thanks in advance.
Raccoon_Pt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your output transistors
vintage52

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Similar Problem with my Sony STR DE535.... Reply with quote

I have a Sony STR DE535 that kept "Blowing the 6.3amp fuse on the "Standby-Power" board,that is until my Son removed the cover off of the "Relay". The "points" were "Open after taking the "black plastic cover off the relay",but must have been closed before, because it kept "blowing this 6.3amp fuse every time I just plugged the AC cord into the wall instantly!
The problem started out with the amp on and I just changed it to the CD mode and it played a couple of bars of the song,Then "Clicked-Off",no power on the display screen,just a couple of led lights on the front panel.
I opened it up to have a look and noticed right away the (2) 8-amp Power Fuses were "Blown".I replaced these 2 fues with the same 8-amp 125/250volt fuses,then figured this was the end of the problem.That was until I "rechecked all fuses and conections" and the as I mentioned, ...I plugged in the AC Cord and "POP" went the 6.3-amp fuse on the "Standby-Power" Board this time!!! I tried replacing this fuse a couple of times without any luck,then my son took off the plastic cover off the relay to see if the "Points" were open of closed (They were Open???,...and when we replaced the 6.3-amp fuse again it DID NOT "BLOW" as soon as the AC Cord was plugged in,but when we tried to "Trip" the "Points" on the relay because the fuse was holding, but would not turn on any Power the the Stereo when the ON/Off button was pressed.When we tried to close the "Points" on the relay thats` when it would "blow" a fuse again????
this sounds like a similar problem as you have but perhaos a different cause but certainly in the same part of the circuit it seems.
Any Luck on finding a Schematic for this Sony STR DE535 anywhere???
Or any thoughts/suggestions on the problem I`m having would be really appreciated.

Good Luck & Good Music...

oldtelecasters/oldave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sound like you have a shorted power transistor, maybe both the PNP and NPN to the speaker. This is the ones mounted onto the heat sink.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you possibly describe where those 2 8amp fuses are? Opening it up, we only noticed the one fuse on the power board. My amp went 'pop', turned off, and when I turned it back on, 'PROTECTOR' was flashing. I'm not certain it is the fuses, but I don't have the manual or a schematic, so any pointers would be useful

I realize this post is ancient, I hope I'm not commiting a faux pas by bumping it

Thanks in advance
PcM@x ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an adress for the Sony STR-DE535 service manual.
STR-DE535.pdf (7.15 MB)

Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия