electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KVR21, Many Horizontal white lines on screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Sony KVR21, Many Horizontal white lines on screen? Reply with quote

This was Sony TV Model KVR21, 5 years old, it is working fine 'till one day when i turn ON, it shows good picture in 10 minutes but after 10 minutes it shows this many horizontal white lines on the screen. I turn OFF and turn On after few minutes but still the same.

Any idea?
tryme345

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try tapping the neck of the piucture tube if this changes then you have a bad tube,.if not try the video out put transistor or ic which ever it may have,.or they y buffer which is the video transistor,.carl if i can be of further help contact me at ,[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are talking on the secondary voltage? I mean after the transformer? Sorry i don't have schema for CT-32G12CV but i can share to you my observation in troubleshooting some power supply.
I hope you can be able to fine the voltage sense pin of the regulator IC or Base of Regulator transistor. Using The Datasheet of the regulator IC/transistor, you can identify the pins and at least know the right switching voltage of this parts. Measure the actual voltage in this pin and compare to the Datasheet, If the actual voltage that you can measure at this pin is lower than the switching voltage specified on the Datasheet, then you need to check the parts that were connected before this pin, it can be a leaky transistor, diode or a change value of resistor, that is not delivering the right voltage so you are getting low voltage on the actual voltage output...... OR it could be on the regulator itself. You can also check big resistor on the AC input, (usually before rectifier) for change value or partial burn, (seldom but have already seen few)

_____________:>
I will try your suggestion on Saturday since I’m in office during weekdays. thanks. its just my first time to encounter this kind of trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lines are bunch up on top and very stable, you could have a bad
cap on the vertical circuit. if lines are running across the screen it could
be noise. Be more specific.

Yours Truly
haljones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: white lines on screen Reply with quote

Is your video washed out, faint or has your brightness increased? If so, try tapping the neck of the CRT with a screwdriver handle while set is playing. Sony has a history of bad picture tubes and this procedure will usually pinpoint the problem for you if it is defective.

Good luck....Hal
FRick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: horizontal lines Reply with quote

I have tried tapping the tube before but doesn't work, i tried repalzing the horizontal out (damper diode transistor) but no effect. This lines are slightly diagonal, one is going down to right which is brighter and the other is going to left which is a bit dull in color, the line are in green colors now about 1/8 inch. I tried also adjusting the horizontal sync but the lines will just go short on the center but still there, i already tried replacing the color driver transistor on the picture tube circuit board but no luck. The sound i okay, the picture is abit washout in color but can be adjusted in the plyback screen.

pls. help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия