electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Please Help! DVD player has no power??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaMo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Please Help! DVD player has no power?? Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I'm new here and am trying to fix a dvd player which has just suddenly died.

It is a CROWN CD-DVD355 Dvd player

I have checked power input and accross the switch but all seems to be fine. Just doesn't turn on when pressing power button Confused ....

I'm not sure what else to check so anyone willing to offer advice on what could have gone wrong etc etc......would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Cam
rajeev_047

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: repairing dvd p.s Reply with quote

dear cam

first of all inform about the type of power supply used in dvd player it will be either smps based or power transformer based.
in both case check the output from the supply(DC) it should be 12V it may vary from model to model.in 80% case of no power power supply is found to be faulty.if no voltage is coming replace the whole pcb if u have otherwise give details about power supply type and components used.

rajeev
rajeev_047

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: repairing dvd player p.s Reply with quote

dear cam

first of all inform about the type of power supply used in dvd player it will be either smps based or power transformer based.
in both case check the output from the supply(DC) it should be 12V it may vary from model to model.in 80% case of no power power supply is found to be faulty.if no voltage is coming replace the whole pcb if u have otherwise give details about power supply type and components used.

rajeev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so far rajeev!

I am not much of an electronics man but more electrical as such. However from my little knowledge its transformer based.

Sorry not sure how to check for the 12v dc. If you could explain where, that would be great! Confused

The transformer has 8 pins on each side if thats of any help?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge

Cheers
CaMeRoN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to sign in....that was me above

cheers

Cam
CaMo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
CaMeRoN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump Crying or Very sad
rajeev_047

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: dvd power suply problem Reply with quote

dear cam,

from ur observation as transforemer has 8 pins on each side,power supply appears to be smps based.
Measure o/p from supply using Multimeter putting its knowb at dc side.
If no output power supply is faulty.
If not able to diagnosis it try replacing whole of the pcb.

Please give full detail of componets used.
You may take help from any senior person onsite.

Rajeev
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия