electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philips 32pt5441/37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robtv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: philips 32pt5441/37 Reply with quote

I have a lemon umm I mean a philips 32pt5441/37 that is having issues with vertical smashing of the picture (approx an inch an a half of black at the top of the screen) with a folding over of the picture another2 inches below that.
About eight months ago I repaired the horizontal drive circuit with 483531057673. The repair went flawless with no faults. This problem has just gradually occurred in the past 3 days.
I was hoping someone might have some suggestions on the parts I might try testing or if a definate part is recommende I may just order the part need.

Could this be the horizontal circuit acting up again?

Since I first posted this message a few days ago the problem will improve then gets slightly worse, described above was the worst the condition got.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello robert,
the problem with your tv 32pt5441/37 is caused by the vertical ic.
its breaking down, just replace the ic.
good luck!!

Hans
robtv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks for the input,
I was wondering if you could send me in the right direction on identifying this cap. I've been investigating ever since you posted your reply to no avail. I'm a bit of a novice at tv repairs and could use as much help as possible. I know that trade secrets are valuable and sincerly appreciate the fact that there are folks like you who don't mind sharing a bit of info. I am knowlegeable in industrial engines, generator sets etc. And would be more than happy to pay off my debt with some advice of my own.
Thanks in advance,
Robert
xpresso

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: [email protected] Reply with quote

robtv wrote:
Thanks for the input,
I was wondering if you could send me in the right direction on identifying this cap. I've been investigating ever since you posted your reply to no avail. I'm a bit of a novice at tv repairs and could use as much help as possible. I know that trade secrets are valuable and sincerly appreciate the fact that there are folks like you who don't mind sharing a bit of info. I am knowlegeable in industrial engines, generator sets etc. And would be more than happy to pay off my debt with some advice of my own.
Thanks in advance,
Robert

hi:
some time when the folding is growing, or decresing when the tv still
working, it use to be the pum-up capacitor, in some tvs is 220 micros,in
some is 100micros, this capacitor is conectin to the vertical circuit in both sides, the vertical circuit , im not quit sure, but i thing is the stv-3938 or
stv-3932.luck.
robtv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: 32pt5441/37 Reply with quote

I ordered the cap and a suspect transistor (ktc3228y) in the vert curcuit as well. I will keep you informed of this progress.
Robert
robtv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: vert ic Reply with quote

I installed the new vert i/c today with no improvement.
I highly suspect it is the transistor I mentioned before.
The transistors unfortunatly are on back order and hope-
fully not obsolete. I will keep you posted, thanks for the help.
robtv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: No Luck Reply with quote

I am sorry to report that I have had no luck with the parts that I have replaced. I had come to find out that the ic was now obsolete and I would have to cross it myself. I found a nte cross. I installed it and tried to turn on the tv, it came on pic tube energized, a couple seconds of sound, and then immediatley turns off. Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия